Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

You are going to visit New Zealand for an 'English and Homestay' program

abhigeorge 6 / 20 2  
You are going to visit New Zealand for an 'English and Homestay' program. You have just received details of your homestay host family.
Write your first letter to the family. In your letter
- introduce yourself
- ask the family some questions to get information that is important to you
- tell the family about your arrival date and time.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
Dear Mr. Nicolas,
I am very thankful to you, for hosting my 'English and homestay' program in New Zealand. I am sure I will have a great time with you and your family, and your family will appreciate me as a guest. In this letter I would like to introduce myself and also ask for some information.

My name is George and I am an Indian national. I am 22 years of age and currently pursuing my bachelor's degree in fine arts, at the Bombay University. The reason for me to participate in this program is to enhance my skills in English language, which I am sure will happen during my stay with you.

I would like to know if you have any specific house rules. Also, do I need to attend cross culture training before I arrive in New Zealand? These would help me to prepare for my trip and behave correctly during my stay.

I would be arriving at the Wellington Airport on the 4th of May 2013 at 1.00 PM. It would be great if you could pick me up at the airport, as this is my first foreign trip and I am a little nervous.

Looking forward to meet you,
Yours Sincerely,
George

Home / Writing Feedback / You are going to visit New Zealand for an 'English and Homestay' program