It is not good to move to a new city because you will lose old friends.

saracoo 1 / 4  
Topic: It is not good to move to a new city because you will lose old friends.

With the improvement of social mobility, increasing number of people move to new city for better career or higher education. Yet, there are some of them concerning about losing old friends as they leave. They hesitate of moving to fresh environment. But, I disagree with this idea for following reasons.

To begin with, moving to a new city doesn't necessary cause people losing old friendship. The real reason of breaking up friendship is disconnection and misunderstanding. If a person can keep contact with their old friends and give them emotion or physical support as they encounter troubles, he will have the great opportunity to keep those precious friendships. In fact, old friends don't have to live in the same city and meet everyday. By chatting through internet, phoning each other once for a while, or visiting one another during summer holiday, they could still share happiness, sadness, and even some secrets. Maybe when they find out their emotion bond still exist after separating in the different city for years, their friendship will be strengthened.

Not only a person wouldn't easy lose friends out of changing city, but his old buddy may come after him if he lives comfortably in new environment. After an individual receives a higher education, a better working opportunity at new place, he probably will become a more competitive person. His friend woulds love to contact with him or even follow him to the new city for those advantages.

Moreover, even if people will lose some of old friends and be alone for a while after changing environment, they still shouldn't doubt about pursuing greater conditions in the new city. Friends are virtually very easy to make. One of my friends starts building new friendship with surrounding people as soon as she moves to New York City. After attending many parties and helping several neighbors, she has boarder connections now than before. Not very long, these new friends will become her old friends and she won't feel lonely anymore. So if a person worries about being alone after going to strange city, he/she should overcome these troubles by blending in rather than hesitating.

In conclusion, people shouldn't stop going to more suitable living conditions because of fearing to lose old friendship. There are many methods to keep those old friends, and make new friends at the fresh environment. Young adults should embrace the changes happened in their lives and expect new challenges from outside world.

Chong
Shalma 1 / 6  
I likw it but it can be stronger.
The real reason of breaking up friendship is disconnection and misunderstanding.If a person can keep contact with their old friends and give them emotion or physical support as they encounter troubles, he will have the great opportunity to keep those precious friendships -Disconnection and misunderstandings are the main casues of broken friendship. If a person can keep contact with their old friends and provide emotional support when needed then they will realizethose are the friends you want to keep.

Maybe when they find out their emotion bond still exist after separating in the different city for years, their friendship will be strengthened. - If they recognize the bond they share between each other still exists after seperation, this will strengthen their friendship.

- This paragraph doesn't make sense or maybe your having difficulty sending your message.
- easy should be easily
- Your supporting the idea that they will not lose their friends but in thisparagraph your saying that they will

One of my friends starts building new friendship with surrounding people as soon as she moves to New York City.
- A good friend of mine started makeing new friends as soon as she moved to New York City.

After attending many parties and helping several neighbors, she has boarder connections now than before.
- Broader

So if a person worries about being alone after going to strange city, he/she should overcome these troubles by blending in rather than hesitating.

- change it to they
- i really like this sentence

- In conclusion, people shouldn't stop going to a more suitable environment becasue of fear of losing old friends. There are many methods to keep old friends, and make new friends in a new place. Young adults should embrace the changes happening in their lives and expect new challengs from the outside world.

- I love th last sentence

I am sorry if you don't like anything i wrote but rememebr these are only suggestions so you don't have to change anyhting if you don't want to. You seem to have problems with sentence structure...don't worry i do too but i have gotten better. Make sure you don't contradict what your supporting. If you want more help one on one go to your English teacher because someone writing online is different from talking to someone. I hope this helped you and Good Luck CHONG :)
OP saracoo 1 / 4  
Hi SHALMA,

Thank you so much for the great suggestions. I truly like them.

In the third paragraph, I initially want to say that a person's old friends will most likely follow him to moving to the same city afterward; as a result, they can still stay together. But, I guess it's not a strong supporting idea and I shouldn't use the double negative.

I do have issues with sentence structure. I do. It's freaking my out. I hope I could find a English Teacher in the future.

Thanks again for the help. You're very kind. BEST WISHES SHALMA :)
OP saracoo 1 / 4  
You are right. I agree that the fourth paragraph which is about they will lose some of old friends should be removed.

Thanks.:)

Home / Writing Feedback / It is not good to move to a new city because you will lose old friends.