Toefl: A good neighbor should be honest, cooperative and considerate!

artin 7 / 17  
Toefl:What are the qualities of a good neighbor?

Generally apart from where we are living, we have neighbors around us. Each person according to the own characteristic divide neighbors to different categories, which one would be " The good neighbor". I believe that good neighbor should be honest, have the feeling of cooperation and be considerate.

First of all, I think the major issue that shall be talked on relating to a good neighbor is his/her honesty . Having an honest neighbor will make the relation more friendly. For example, living in an apartment. If you don`t have any honest neighbors ,in the case of robbery , you will suspect on all and will probably change your apartment. Thus, being honest is the most important aspect of a good neighbor.

Secondly, having the feeling of cooperation among neighbors will add to the sense of friendship and humanity .Once, I was managing to paint my apartment me myself. As far as,I was alone and I didn`t have the required equipments, I asked my neighbor.Accordingly,although he prepared all my requested equipments but also he came and gave a hand to expedite the painting. Therefore, I can say I will always appreciate and accept kindly a cooperative neighbor.

Finally, I would like to focus on benefits of having a considerate neighbor. I n my opinion, there are a few rules that each person shall consider by living in an apartment. For instance, playing music loudly will annoy other inhabitants. Also, keeping clean the apartment is the other point. Therefore, if all neighbors consider the rules and obey them correctly, then all shall be included in the category of good neighbors.

In the end, I believe that in order to enjoy the life in living place, all should be more patient to the matters with other neighbors. Hence, having an inhabitant with the above mentioned characteristics such as being honest, having the sense of cooperation and being considerate is informing you from a good neighbor.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Generally apart from where we are living, we have neighbors around us. Each person according to the own characteristic divide neighbors to different categories, which one would be " The good neighbor".

You could say it like this: Most people live in a neighborhood, with other people or families living nearby. They will probably judge their neighbors by their actions, and may think that some people are good neighbors.

I believe that a good neighbor should be honest, have the feeling ofcooperative and be considerate.

First of all, I think the major issue that shall be talked on relating to a good neighbor is his/her honesty . Having an honest neighbor will make the relation more friendly.

Or it may sound better to say it like this: "I believe that honesty is the most valuable quality in a good neighbor. In order to have a friendly relationship with your neighbors, honesty is very important."

Accordingly,although he prepared all my requested equipments but also he came and gave a hand to expedite the painting.
Maybe say it like this: "Not only did he gather the needed supplies for me, he also gave me a hand so I could finish my painting faster."
OP artin 7 / 17  
Thank you Jennyflower81 for comments ;)
Generally apart from where we are living, we have neighbors around us.

This is a weak sentence. It does not deliver a logical idea. : (

Each person according to the own characteristic divide neighbors to different categories, which one would be " The good neighbor".I believe that good neighbor should be honest, have the feeling of cooperation and be considerate.

Each person has his or her own definition for a "good neighbor". However, I believe that a good neighbor is someone who is honest, co-operative and considerate.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl: A good neighbor should be honest, cooperative and considerate!