Do-Gooders need to let us decide (the three risky behaviors), rough draft

reeseinskool 2 / 2  
Part 1
Tile and author: I had to read a story called "Do-Gooders Need to Let Us Decide for ourselves what is Harmful" by Ed Fulginiti. Now that is a long title for a story.

Brief Summary: the story had a lot of confessions and rants about making your own decisions. The author himself tells about how he was a child and made very bad decisions but was lucky enough to not be hurt in anyway. He talks about how kids will be kids and not thinks about the reckless dangers they put themselves in through everyday life. How people need to just make the own choice and take whatever karma gives them, some are lucky and don't receive bad luck.

Bridge Sentence: I agree with Ed Fulginiti, people will always make their own choice by the time they are born to the time they will die of old age.

Thesis Statement: I'm going to write about the three risky behaviors that I had done and hope my child doesn't do the same.

Part 2
First transition: to begin with the story I was a very wild teen, I'm not so proud of it. While Ed fulginiti hopped off of moving trains I was smoking at the age of thirteen. You think I'm talking about cigarettes but not I'm talking about marijuana. I knew the dangers of smoking pot, but I didn't care because that was the cool thing to do back in middle school before kissing ever come into my mind. I remember my first experience was with a girl name Miranda and her older sister. When I started I felt like I couldn't stop, till I got caught in high school my senior year. Thank god the teacher was a close friend to my family and didn't report me to the school. You can say I was one of the lucky one who didn't have no consequences to my actions.

Part 3
Second Transition: another wild thing I did was sex; I wish to this day I had waited. When I enter in high school as a freshman I hated it because all the upper classmen would torture us. Well I smoke weed all the time especially before I went to class so I can deal with the bullshit. One day I met a boy name Don I thought he was one of the coolest people in that high school. Well he was a junior and hang out with me. Well I shouldn't had fall for his sweet talk because when he got what he wanted from me, he left and kept being cool don. Then I became Reese cup because he would joke about how sweet I was this was horrible for me and one of the consequences I had to take for one action that I thought was worth it. Kind of remind me of Ed Fulginiti when he ate too much candy and drink too much soda, just not a good combination.

Part 4
Thrid Transition: Most importantly the worst decision I had ever made was alcohol. I started drinking my Junior year in high school. I moved to another state and Reese Cup wasn't use as a sex joke and pretty happy I was getting a new clean slate. I was in choir and orchestra doing my best even though I was still smoking pot it kind of cut down.... (didn't finsish this or the conlusion) please help! and thanks
...not be hurt in any way. --- use 2 words "any way" not one word.

I agree with Ed Fulginiti; people will always make their own choices, from the time they are born to the time they will die of old age.

Thesis Statement: I'm going to write about the three risky behaviors that I have exhibited and that I hope my child doesn't repeat. These behaviors demonstrate the fact that people make their own decisions and cannot be told what to d o.

In your intro, tell us what the author means when he says the do gooders should let us decide.

Can you revise your story to show that you are an example of someone who had to learn from mistakes and could not be told what to do by the do-gooders? You must find a good quotation to explain what the author means, and then use your story to demonstrate the truth of the book.

That will enable you to know what the conclusion should say, too. I hope you know what I mean! Let this essay demonstrate what Fulginiti is saying.

Home / Writing Feedback / Do-Gooders need to let us decide (the three risky behaviors), rough draft