Goods from Japan and US - HOW TO WRITE A TASK 1 OF IELTS

tdung512 1 / -  

australian export to 4 countries

The line graph compares the proportion of export from Australia to 4 other nations between 1990 to 2012.

Overall, the percentage of send-out goods to Japan and US decreased over the period of 22 years. On the other hand, the trend in both China and India was completely different, expecially in China, which rose dramatically over the years.

Over 2 decades, the figures for both Japan and US saw similar trend in term of a general decline, the proportion of Japan was higher than that of US. In the 1990 - 2000 period, the percentage of export in both Japan dropped sharply from over 27% to 17%. Meanwhile the figure of US fluctuated over the period. Throughout the remainder of the period, there was a gradual decline in the percentage of export in both counties, which fell to 2% and 8% in Japan and US in turn.

Between these years, the percantange of exports varied more significantly in 2 remaining countries. In the 1990 - 2000 period, the proportion of export in China and India rose gradually to 3% and 1% in turn. The 2000 - 2012 period saw a rapid rise of export in China, up to 30% in 2012. Meanwhile the propotion of export to India fluctated and only reached 7% in 2012.

Famai 3 / 6 3  
There are spelling errors:
expecially -> especially
percantange -> percentage
fluctated -> fluctuated
The introduction paragraph is incomplete. Since this is a summary of the graph information, it should contain a list of all 5 countries, not just Australia. You cannot take the title of the chart and use that as your opening sentence. The opening sentence needs to present the information presented, listing of countries, type of measurement used, and trending statement. The trending statement should be a summary of the trends in the graph. It should not contain several trending sentences as you mistakenly presented. You also used complex sentences, creating run-on presentations when simple presentations should have been used. Remember, a period works better than a comma when writing several separate but related information. You just need to format the sentence presentation properly.

Home / Writing Feedback / Goods from Japan and US - HOW TO WRITE A TASK 1 OF IELTS