IELTS2: Many goods like food and consumables are being imported by many countries all over the world

Ner0 1 / -  

Importing food from different parts of the world

Today many countries import food from different parts of the world. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this trend.

In this days and ages, with the flourishing of international commerce, even goods like food and consumables are being imported by many countries all over the world. While some people may hold an unfavourable view towards this change, I fully believe that this is a positive development.

On the one hand, it is understandable why imported food receives such objections. First and foremost, in order to travel from one country to another, food ingredients such as vegetables and fish need a large number of preservatives to maintain their freshness and remove the risks of being spoiled in the transportation process. However, the overuse of chemical additives has been scientifically proven to pose long-term threats to people's health, and too much preservative intake can lead to many cardiovascular diseases, including stomach aches or food poisoning. Additionally, because of tariff and import duties, the market prices of foreign food are always significantly higher than the native ones, thus making them inaccessible to the poor.

Be that as it may, I'm convinced that imported food should not be ignored for certain reasons. First of all, the increasing diversity of food provides consumers with more options of exotic tastes and experiences that local people have not had previously. For example, in today's society, it is effortless for Vietnamese people to savour foreign delicacies such as cherry from Australia or Blue Berries from Europe. Moreover, food exportation has been a major source of income for many countries all over the world, including Vietnam, as the third-world country can export their rare and surplus food to other parts of the world in exchange for foreign money, which can help to boost their economy. Another point that is worth mentioning is that importing food can ensure a country with food stocks, which would help the country to scrap through in case of emergencies such as a tsunami or long-term drought where the agricultural areas have been seriously damaged.

In conclusion, I believe that we would gain more than we lose if food is allowed to be imported from different parts of the world.
In this days and ages,

This is a memorized phrase that does not help enhance the score for the presentation. Had you started immediately with the second sentence, you would have received an immediate score boost in the ta section.

I fully believe that this is a positive development.

As well as you did in the restatement section, this opinion, which changes the original discussion instruction will cause the ta section to fail. The reason? An incorrect response format. You were asked to give a general, non personal opinion based advantage v. disadvatage discussion. You are instead discussing a personal positive or negative opinion. You changed the discussion instruction. Prompt fail.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS2: Many goods like food and consumables are being imported by many countries all over the world