IELTS TASK 2. GOVERNMENT SHOULD BUILT NEW BUILDINGS IN TRADITIONAL STYLE.

BINUDANIEL 4 / 7  
The government is responsible for protecting a nation's cultural identity. Thus, some people think it is the duty of the government to ensure that new buildings are built in traditional styles. To what extent do you agree?

Every country is known by its cultural heritage. Tourists visit various countries to understand their culture and tradition. It is government's duty to maintain the cultural uniqueness of the country. However, I strongly disagree with the view that government should be accountable for the new building to be made in vintage model.

To begin with, it is the owner's choice to decide how his project is going to look like. For instance, in this technologically advanced society no one would like to have dome shaped architecture. In addition to that, a few of the government owned property can be built in traditional style. But, to build all the buildings in old-fashioned way, even though it may be inconvenient is mere thoughtlessness.

Moreover, to preserve the ethnic character of a country many factors can contribute. Government should try to uplift the art form of the country. To cite an example, almost all countries have one or the other traditional dance form. The administration of the country should try to give it an international platform. Worldwide exhibitions can be organized, portraying the talent of the country.

Last but not least, instead of spending money on new construction, government should try to preserve those that already exist. Many ancient monuments of the country lie in ruin and no government aid is provided to them. Therefore, the nation should try to restore these precious heritages and this will in turn improve country's cultural identity.

To sum up, culture originates with the beginning of the country. One should adapt to the changing times and move forward but should take the past with them. Instead of going for new traditional buildings, one should try to improve those that are already present.
plantton 1 / 2  
That's my suggestions:

1.More examples are desirable. Most of your examples are not strong enough to support your arguments. You should use rigid reasons to persuade your readers.

2.You should point out opposition arguments and counter them where you can.

3.Some of the arguments are fairly dubious that they cannot express your ideas accurately to the readers. You'd better outline your key arguments before writing to make sure they're strong enough to support your ideas.

Good Luck.
OP BINUDANIEL 4 / 7  
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTION. I WILL KEEP THESE POINTS IN MIND

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2. GOVERNMENT SHOULD BUILT NEW BUILDINGS IN TRADITIONAL STYLE.