Ielts task2 - Should government give more financial support to local film industries?

benice 1 / -  
(It's my first try to task 2, please give some suggestions. I will be very appreciated.)

funds for film industries

There are many movies product nowadays. But most of us prefer to watch foreign films than local movies. In my opinion, I partly agree.

On the one hand, directors will have a less financial problem because most of the movie needs a lot of costs. If it does not make more audiences to watch the film, directors may bankrupt. However, if the government gave support to them, it can also publicize to let more locals know the importance of local movies, and it will be a win-win situation.

On the other hand, if the filmmaker accepted the assistance from the government, it might be two problems. Firstly, the movie may be a tool to talk about how good they are. People will lose interest in the movie and give a bad impression to the local movie. Secondly, some controversial issue like drugs, sex race problems will be prohibited. It will limit the directors to structure the contract of the film. Everyone does not want to see the same type of movie all the time.

In conclusion, government support has pros and cons, people need to think carefully about whether it is really needed.
coke 14 / 28 13  
Please include the whole question in your post next time.
Word count is 193 which is way too far from the task requirement. Your introduction is completely irrelevant to answer the topic question given in your title.

First, I think you really need to work on your sentence structure because most of them confuse the readers. At some point, I think this writing is just a combination of words together, not really planned essay.

Hope you do better in your next works.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts task2 - Should government give more financial support to local film industries?