Should the government introduce some laws to control nutrition and food choices?

quocdai 2 / 1  
Topic: Some people suggest that government should introduce some laws to control nutrition and food choices to ensure public health. Others say it's wrong. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Answer:
It is sometimes claimed that controlling nutrition and food choices to ensure public health is wrong. Personally, I support this view although some people may hold a contracy opinion.

On the one hand, it is reasonable for the government introduce some laws to control nutrition and food choices. The clearest advantage of this is ensuring the food eaten by people is always heathy. This help people avoid eating food containing too much sugar, carbonhydrates and cholesterol which have negative effects on heart diseases. Another benefit is that providing instructions about healthy diet for people, leading to enables people to have consistent eating habits. Many parents give their children too much choices of food but too little guidance in what should to eat.

On the other hand, I believe that it is wrong for the government to control what people eat. Firstly, people have right to choose food which they want to eat. The government cannot force them to eat what they do not like. Secondly, this action may reduce the food choices of people. Each people have different eating habit so they always choose different food. Finally, this action causes deterioration in the food business development. This action do not allow to produce all the kinds of food which satisfy the demand of people, resulting in lossing many business chances.

In conclusion, although controlling nutrition and food choices have some benefits, I firmly hold the view that people should be free to choose what they want to eat.
Dragon9090 1 / 1 1  
On the one hand, it is reasonable for the government to introduce some laws to control nutrition and food choices

For following i would prefer
The clearest advantage of this is ensuring the food eaten by people is always heathy. ==> The clearest advantage of this is to ensure the food eaten by people is always heathy.

leading to enables people to have consistent eating habits. ==> leading to enables people to have consistent eating habits.
guidance in what should to eat ==> guidance in what should tobe eaten
KMeghji 8 / 20 7  
It would be better if you mention the purpose of your writing. If it is for a particular test, we might be more capable to analyze your draft accordingly.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should the government introduce some laws to control nutrition and food choices?