IELTS Task 2 Government should introduce new technologies or offer free education to improve life

Elvis_S 1 / -  
Some people think that governments in developing countries should introduce new technologies to people in order to improve the quality of life, while others believe that in order to achieve that governments should offer free education for all. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

The advent of new technology always develops the economy in many countries. Some people states that disadvantage countries such as developing countries, should utilize new technologies to improve the standard of people's lives, while the others argue that the government should achieve the goal by promoting free education for publics. In my opinion, I think the new technologies can help people increase the quality of life.

It is important for developing countries to decrease the number of illiterate people through offering free education programs. Due to the different social background, there are a great number of people who are not able to get the education. Thus, the high rate of illiterate hinders development in the developing countries.

A widely held notion is that new technologies can develop the agriculture industry in the developing countries and solve the problem of food shortage. New technologies can increase the agricultural productivity and intensive farming will be possible in the developing countries. For example, intensive farming will produce more food and relieve the problem of food shortage. Thus, technology can increase the quality of people's life.

From my point of view, I think new technologies can improve the agricultural industry, but also shrink the working time. Technology is able to increase the productivity and people can spend more time on leisure and family. For example, the new factory applies the process line to replace mankind. High productivity can decrease working time in the workforce. Therefore, new technologies will be a way to improve the quality of people.

In conclusion, although free education for public can reduce the illiterate people in developing countries, new technologies can directly affect on society development such as agriculture development and shrink of working time, which can increase the quality of people.
angga93 42 / 74 20  
In my view, the first body paragraph lack of coherence. The task is about technology introduction to improve people's quality of life, and some argue that the better method to improve quality of life is free education. however, you neither mention quality of life nor technology in this paragraph. For your consideration, you can make comparison about the benefit of free education and technology introduction.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 Government should introduce new technologies or offer free education to improve life