TASK2. Should government levy a tariff on junk food or not?

Ra_fhli 22 / 17 8  
In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food

A serious concern nowadays is how our eating habits can influence our health, junk food is the common one. It is argued that government should levy a tariff on those foods because the number of health risks associated with them is on the rise. However, I do not believe that raising tax for junk food is the proper ways to reduce the number of people consuming its food, since some methods are still more effective like, creating by hand-made in the home, and encouraging citizen through the advertisement.

Recently, consuming junk food excessively it is believed able to influence people's health. However, some people tend to neglect that problem since its foods are ubiquitous and more efficient. As a consequence, people tend to be addicted in those foods. To deal with this problem, people should create a creative food in their home not only good looking, but also should consist of much nutrition. For example, mothers should attract their children to stay away with junk food by creating the variety of foods.

In addition, another reason is the influence of mass media through well-advertisement really affect to encourage the society changing their poor diet. A study from York University reveals that in 2005, around 55% Canadian experience problems with obesity, but decrease by 35% in 2007 through advertisement influence. Besides that, education sector it is believed able to tackle this problem by involving the whole of stakeholder in school. For instance, once in a week there is an additional knowledge regarding fast food is harmful to humans.

In conclusion, I disagree if raising tax for the junk food companies is the best method to reduce the number of people who consume junk food because every people have a responsibility to keep their body. Government just able to give awareness for the society through a positive campaign
Asri 2 / 2  
... since some methods are still likely more effective like , cooking creating by a hand-made in the home, and encouraging citizen through the advertisement.

...creating by a hand-made... , you can just said cook or serve meals instead of using those phrase

Recently, by consuming junk food excessively ...

... people tend to be addicted into those foods.

For example, mothers should persuadeattract their children to stay away withfrom junk food by creating thea variety of foods.

... influence of mass media through a well-advertisement really affect ...
... 55% Canadian experienced problems with obesity, but decreased by 35% in 2007 through advertisement influence.
... by involving the whole of stakeholders in school.

Government justis able to give awareness ...

----------
Hi Rahmat Fadhil!

Your essay is quite clear just get some work how the government can encourage people to a better eating habits in paragraph 2. In addition, you still have to explain in some condition which support the idea of increasing tax rate. it would be a great idea to discourage people to buy a junk food, by increase the price of it.

good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / TASK2. Should government levy a tariff on junk food or not?