Government officials should rely on their own judgment or not?

serendipityluo 1 / 1  
While to some extent we can admit that it is unreasonable and somehow unwise to carry out the will of the people however particular the situation is, because as is known to all and has always been advocated, when it comes to the overall benefits of people, the conclusion cannot be general. However, considering that the government should serve its people with heart and soul and that people only stand in the same position of the leaders who protect their rights, we have to admit that there are principles that cannot be deviated.

In the first place, the idea of democracy lies in its implication that it should not be overwhelmed by interests of any kind. Even if it is for the overall maximum of the overall benefits, there is some principles that cannot be deviated. That being the case, personal intelligence should always give way to the willing of the majority, as only the official who cares about the opinion of his people wins their advocacy. No one can deny that Stalin and Lenin are great leaders with exceptional wisdom and tough minds, as well humanity and responsibility to their people. However, their persistance on their socialism belief didn't benefit their people for long, for without the development of economy, no dreams can come true in lacking of resource. Clearly they should have taken the people's voice and need into consideration at first, because this is the fondation of a nation.

On the other hand, just as even the most sensible and reasonable decision should compromise with a certain practical affair, even the greatest and most intelligent person can be proved wrong under some particular situation, and that is why decision should not be constantly made by the same officials for long time. This reminds me of the example of George Washington, who relinquish his power on his own will, and thus leads to a tradition of American that no president should stay in position for over 8 years. This represent and idea that the power should never be obtained by a particular individual, however great contribution he or she has made, leaving a guarantee that the United States is established on the bases of democracy, republic and liberty.

Admittedly, the overestimation of public opinion in some situation can be considered unwise and naive. With the rapid development of the imformation age, the diversity of public opinion is increasing day after day, indicating that it is inevitable to receive opposed view whatever the decision is. That being the case, it become even more importantly for the government to get a balanced consideration of opinions from difference social class and . Otherwise, the officials will have to frequently change its stands and thus be considered undecisive and incompetent.

Consequently, for the above-mentioned reasons, we can safely draw the conclusion that unless if well-balanced, the judgement of the the government should not conflict with the public opinion. After all, the officials are chosen to represent the overall benefits and the voice of their people.
I have a couple of admin requests for you :D
First, mention the purpose of this writing in your topic (is it for IELTS? TOEFL? ) Second, insert your prompt in the essay so that we know how to align our comments with what your prompt requests.

While to some extent we can admit that it is unreasonable and somehow unwise to carry out the will of the people however particular the situation is, because as is known to all and has always been advocated, when it comes to the overall benefits of people, the conclusion cannot be general.

This sentence is too long for a hook which can grab the reader's attention.
Even if it is for the overall maximum of the overall benefits, there is some principles that cannot be deviated.

... this sentence sounds confusing. What are you trying to mean?
No one can deny that Stalin and Lenin are great leaders with exceptional wisdom and tough minds, as well as with humanity and responsibility to their people.

Throughout your essay, I find this problem with clarity. It is difficult to grasp what you are trying to convey to the reader and therefore the reader gets bored to follow your essay. It is good if you have included the full prompt in your essay (on the top of your essay) so that we understand exactly what you are writing about. However, I wish you follow a better essay structure and construct more interesting sentences with better clarity.

Home / Writing Feedback / Government officials should rely on their own judgment or not?