IELTS, task2, Government payment for nursery homes.

mazenteet123 1 / -  
In Britain, when someone gets old they often go to live in a home with other old people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care. Who do you think should pay for this care, the government or the family? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

special care for elderly people

In the UK, elderly usually go to nursery houses in order to take care of them, and it is sometimes the responsibility of the government to provide such care. This essay agrees that government should pay for this service when people get old not their families. This essay will give the reasons that justify such opinion as people spend most of their lives pay taxes when they have the ability to work so it is time to be paid off. Also, elderly need special care that sometimes family cannot provide.

Young people have to give sometimes half of their salaries to the authorities under the title of "taxes" which must go to fund the service provided to people. When people get older they will not be able to work so they deserve to be helped and to have the ultimate care that they need. For instance, Denmark provide a professional house nurse for people when they turn 65 and a weekly doctor visit if they have chronic diseases.

Also, most of elderly people suffer from chronic and mental diseases that require a medical intervention that most of the times cannot be afforded by their families due to their high costs. These illnesses cannot be treated by their families as they need special team and medications ,which are expensive, to deal with their conditions . For example, according to Princeton hospital study, 80% of old people have diseases that could cost their families higher than they earn to only control their situation.

In conclusion, Government in the UK take the responsibility of their own nation to send elderly to special nursery houses. It is agreed that this is a part of the government duty toward their people who spent their lives pay taxes from their own income. Also, this special care cannot be usually provided by their families due to the high cost of it, so government must provide support to this category of people.
senuthilini 5 / 16 1  
Hi,

Please consider the following grammar mistakes,

Denmark provide provides ...
... lives pay paying taxes ...

and as a reader I feel like the thesis statement is quit longer than expected.

Cheers!!!
mazen, your opening statement is a bit in error when it comes to representing the opinion discussion. The prompt is asking you the question "do you agree?". The prompt itself does not lend an actual opinion for you to agree with based upon the format of the original prompt discussion presentation. Therefore, you have to frame your opinion as the main discussion point. Your opinion cannot be an agreement opinion as no previous opinion exists in the original. You also presented evidence in the opening statement, which is not allowed due to the lack of discussion development. I think you were not properly oriented regarding the proper method of developing the opening paraphrase. Let me show you an example of one way of paraphrasing this prompt in the expected manner:

Elderly Britons often go to senior homes in order to live with people of similar ages and also have more professional medical care readily available to them. While some private citizens pay for this care, there are times when the British government ends up paying for the senior care bill. Since there are two types of payments available for senior care, those who pay privately believe that the government should pay for senior care, regardless of the senior's ability to pay. In this essay, I will present supporting reasons for my personal opinion based on personal knowledge that supports having the government pay for the senior home fees in this essay.

Please make sure that you use the correct word to describe what you want to say. A "senior home" is different from a "nursery home" . The first one is a home for old people and the latter, is a home for babies. In addition to that, you need to make sure that you write 5 paragraphs in the essay as per the required format for this test. Try to avoid writing run on sentences like you do here. Instead make sure that your sentences completely discuss one thought each. That would be composed of 1 topic sentence, 2 supporting sentences and one example, per paragraph. This will help your GRA score.

In addition to that. I don't recommend that you write more than 250 words for this type of essay. You need to make sure that you allot at least 10 minutes to review, revise, and edit your essay. Writing more than 250 words will not allow you that liberty and could lower your final score due to lack of technical merit based on the scoring criteria.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS, task2, Government payment for nursery homes.