IELTS TASK 2: GOVERNMENT PRIORITY IN SPEND MONEY (EDIFICE OR PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE)

Riiskacha03 31 / 34 5  
Some people think that large, impressive buildings are important for a city. Others believe that the money should be spent on improving schools and hospitals.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Many citizens think that fund should be wasted to increase the quality of health centres and schools, while others argue that huge, spectacular constructions are essential for a town. Although the government has to develop some exciting buildings to attract the tourists, I believe that the state budget should put education and health improvement as a priority.

It is important to encourage the edifice constructions. This will help the city to be more attractive through the tourists and provides them additional reasons to visit. Taking Burj Khalifa and Burj al Arab buildings in Dubai as the examples, it has attracted more tourists to come there since they had been structured. As a result, the government would earn more income from the tourism activities. It shows that, attractive building constructions are necessary for the city.

However, I extremely confident that the schools and hospitals must be the priority of the state investment based on some reasons. Firstly, schools are the place where people gain knowledge, which is important to support their life in future and good-quality school generates high standard graduates. Secondly, school must be capable to facilitate all students' needs while the instructional process. On the other hand, a city have to increase the condition of health centres, so the severely ill patients can be treated better by the local hospitals.

In conclusion, I consider that government has to make the schools and hospitals as the precedence in state spending. However, some spectacular structures should be constructed to charm foreign visitors.
Reece 2 / 1  
However, I am extremely confident ...
... gain knowledge , which (that) is important ...
be capable of
a city havehas to ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: GOVERNMENT PRIORITY IN SPEND MONEY (EDIFICE OR PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE)