Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

The government should punish young criminals in the same way as mature people.

dieuanh0111 1 / -  
Some people believe that young people who commit serious crimes should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

same crime, same punishment

Nowadays, the young who are dangerous criminal such as robber, murderer just be fined or have under 18 years prison sentence. Personally, I totally agree with an idea that government should punish them in the same way as mature people.

It is no doubt that the laws that young people being punished more lightly than adult have some advantages. The youngsters are not mature enough to understand what they do are right or wrong, they do not know about the consequence that they made. Therefore, it is easy for them to do bad deeds like the films or be allured by bad people. Moreover, perhaps they are not well-educated or living in a good life condition, for example, a child who lives in poor family without care by his parents, he will have some bad behavior because no one teaches him something good.

In the other hand, I would argue that people had better be punished in the same way whatever their ages. Firstly, if the punishments are different because of their ages, some teenagers believe that they are too young to having strict punishment, so they can do whatever they want without caring about results, such as shoplifting, vandalize, even murder. For instance, in 2011, the 17-year-old Vietnamese person - Lê Văn Luyện - killed 4 people because he wanted to rob their money, but he just had 18 years in prison due to his age. That is too light for his crime and unfair to others who got death penalty or life sentence. Secondly, using same punishment can reduce the number of juvenile criminal and avoid some young criminal want to return to serious crime.

In conclusion, for the reason mentioned above, I strongly believe that the serious criminal should be punished in the same way whatever how old they are.

Home / Writing Feedback / The government should punish young criminals in the same way as mature people.