Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS task 2 - Government should spend the fundings to education and healthcare

M3L1 26 / 6 11  
All education and healthcare should be funded by government and free for everyone. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Some people argue that governments should allocate the funding in education and healthcare services free for citizens. I believe that governments have the responsibility to insure the public welfare in these two sectors; however, there are other fields that should be evaluated to establish the prosperity for all the society.

In decades, governments have collected taxes from their citizens. This fund, can be used to develop infrastructures to facilitate the society. To achieve prosperity for citizens, some argue that governments should allocate fully funding in education and healthcare. These two fields, are important and very demanded. Children need to be educated, and the older people need to be healed. It is thus clear that governments should guarantee free services on these two sectors since it determines people's quality of life.

On the other hand, to have fair welfare for all of the citizen, there are other sectors that should not be neglected by the governments. For example, the road, public transports and agriculture. The roads have to be maintained to prevent from destruction. A great number of people need to use public transportation to go to work and school because the car is very expensive and has more emission while the public transport is cheaper and has less pollution. Governments also need to spend the fund to agriculture because the foods are produced from there.

To sum up, I agree that governments have the liability to ensure the public welfare. While education and health services are very important to be funded, other areas should be noticed as important as them.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2 - Government should spend the fundings to education and healthcare