IELTS ESSAY - GOVERNMENT SUPPORTING ARTISTS

Geenesh 21 / 29  
Some people think that the government should provide assistance to all kinds of artists including painters, musicians and poets, etc. However, other people think that is a waste of money. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

It is certainly undeniable that life of many are made appealing with the presence of Arts such as music, dance, and paintings. This is one of the chief reasons the society opine that the government should fund all the artists in their respective fields. I do agree to this opinion only to a certain degree as i feel that there are both positive and negative implications if the above suggestion is carried out.

First and foremost, the contributions of various artists to the society is indeed pivotal and hence, the government should take the initiative to support them. This is because, through Arts, one's creativity, views and personalities are revealed. Moreover, these aspects benefit not only the artist himself, but also his country. Take for instance the great Leonardo Da Vinci who had produced numerous magnificent and splendid masterpiece. He brought fame to his birthplace, Italy when many flock in order to witness on their own his creations. Apart from that, at the end of the day, it is Arts that provide us entertainment after a whole day of work or study.

Looking from another perspective, there are other essential fields that are either still new or waiting to be explored such as in the research sector. Research can be conducted in order to figure out the right vaccine to cure diseases that do not have any cures till now like the Dengue or AIDS. On top from that, instead of spending money on the Arts, the government can use it for more vital purposes such as to improve the nation's health and well being. Not only that, serious predicaments for instance homelessness, unemployment and illiteracy deserve to be given more attention compared to the Arts.

In my opinion, i feel that finally it all depends on the condition of a particular country. In developed countries like the United Kingdom and Australia which are well known not only for their gigantic economics but also for their generously- proportioned citizens who are well educated, the government can fund the Arts sector. On the other hand, in poor countries such as Somalia and Ethiopia where there are people dying of starvation and other diseases as well as lacking of education, other aspects comprised of education and health matters should be given priority.

To conclude, it is now evident that artists should be supported by the government. Well, if it is not the government which supports their own citizens, then who will? However, it is dependent on the ability of the countries.
jamliu0229 9 / 24  
Take for instance the great Leonardo Da Vinci who had produced numerous magnificent and splendid masterpiece.

Take for instance the great Leonardo Da Vinci who had produced numerous magnificent and splendid masterpieces .

Looking from another perspective, there are other essential fields that are either still new or waiting to be explored such as in the research sector.

Nevertheless/However, looking from another perspective, there are other essential fields that are either still new or waiting to be explored such as in the research sector.(I think there would be better to add one conjunction^^)
khumalo 1 / 2  
In my opinion, i feel that finally it all depends on the condition of a particular country

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ESSAY - GOVERNMENT SUPPORTING ARTISTS