IELTS the government should take care of disadvantaged people such as unemployment or homelees

vict0ria 1 / -  
Some people think that the government should take care of disadvantaged people such as unemployment or home lees. Do you agree?

helping people with special needs

Although, some people may argue, others believe that homeless and unemployment people should receive help from the government. In my opinion, I agree that disadvantaged people merit an opportunity to improve themselves as it will greatly benefit both individuals and society.

A good reason for the government to help needed people is the chance which everybody deserves as a country citizen. In other words, everybody has up and downs, and the state should intervene and help people who need it the most. As a result, not only the society will have more people who can contribute to its development, but also this will be a great example for other people and especially children to be compassionate, kind, supportive to people in disadvantaged situations. As a result, this phenomenon gives people whether they are rich or poor equal rights, and make them be there for each other.

Another point to consider for helping people with especially needs is the decreasing risk of crime and robbery. For example, if the disadvantaged population will get help from the state they will won't have to still food or money to survive. Consequently, children will feel safe walking on the streets when their parents are not around. Furthermore, a clean and safe city is more attractive for tourists or local people to enjoy their free time. In addition, students who are looking for a job will have more time to search and find the best fit for them. Therefore, the contribution they may bring for the company is much higher considering that they are truly passionate about the work they do, and that will help the society in the long run.

In conclusion, having sympathy and helping disadvantaged people will lead to a safer place to raise a family and social development.
Nancy Huang 1 / 1  
In my view, you could add an example to make your statement more clear in the second paragraph. For example, the unemployed could have career counselling, which provided by governments.
Victoria, your discussion poses a prompt deviation which will result in the failure of this essay in an actual test setting. It clear from the wrong opening paraphrase that you presented tha tyou did not understand what the topic for discussion is and how it was supposed to be discussed. Let me outline it for you below:

Original topic: government should take care of disadvantaged people
Discussion Instruction: Do you agree?

Your topic: people should receive help from the government
Your Discussion Instruction: I agree that disadvantaged people merit an opportunity to improve themselves as it will greatly benefit both individuals and society.

Do you see, based on the outline comparison, why your paper is not discussing the correct topic and the correct format? The mistake you made means that your TA score will be failing. Once the TA score fails, it will be highly difficult for you to get a passing score on the remaining criteria. Hence you will automatically fail the test.

Improve your English comprehension skills by doing comprehension exercises before you try to tackle writing essays for the IELTS Task 2 test. It is obvious that this is your weakest point and needs to be strengthened otherwise you won't stand a chance of passing the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS the government should take care of disadvantaged people such as unemployment or homelees