ielts writing task 2 Should the Government tax fast food heavily

thuhuyen 1 / -  

Fast Food taxation

Over recent years, no issue has drawn as much attention as the debate surrounding Fast Food taxes. Some people hold a point of view that imposing an excise taxes on this type of food could contribute to curb the rising rate of diseases. However, to my best knowledge, this solution does not bring realistic effect as much as it's initially expected.

On the one hand, it is argued by some that the heavily governmental taxation on junk food would be associated with a noticeable reduction the excessive consumption. The crucial reason here, with such raising tariffs that the giant food corporation would shift the tax burden on consumers by raising the price, thereby putting purchasers' choice of junk food into consideration and ameliorating public health. For example, Hungary has succeeded with its tax assessment which was implemented in 2011, after 4 years, more than 59 percent of consumers had lowered their consumption of offending fast food products, according to a study conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO). As a result, the government has more of a source of income generation in order to add funding for issues of immediate concerns such as medical complaints, education...

On the other hand, a heavy price could be paid if the government raise the FF tax. Firstly, imposing a high excise on fast food is likely not to remarkably implicate on the eating choices of affluent consumers, even places a financial burden on the low-income, on whom are mainly relying because of owing to its affordability. That means disadvantaged people have insufficient funds to satisfy their hunger and cut back for some basic needs like education and accommodation. consequently, a harder life could be perceived.

In conclusion, the advantages of fast food are deniable. However, all of the countries over the world need a more practical methodology to protect public health in the current era of business-friendly government policy.
excise taxes

Taxes should be in singular form (tax) since there is only one type being considered.

this solution does not bring

Before the discussion reason, respond to the question first. Responding to the question is a primary scoring consideration, regardless of the reasoning presentation. Without the direct answer, the response presentation is incomplete.

The discussion format used is not the correct one. Note that you were asked to give a singular direct response to the question. The examiner will assess your ability to follow discussion instructions and properly defend your opinion over 2 paragraphs. It is a singular opinion presentation, not a comparative consideration. So, based on this 4 paragraph presentation, the reviewer will only score 3 out of 4 paragraphs, thereby lessening the chances for a higher scoring presentation. If a paragraph does not support your opinion, it will not be part of the shared scoring credits.

Home / Writing Feedback / ielts writing task 2 Should the Government tax fast food heavily