The government tries to increase the cost of the petrol to reduce congestion and high gas emission.

Fadhilahumar91 61 / 73 6  
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective?

Congestion and high gas emission are the hard problems which happen in the city center. The government try to increase the cost of the petrol to reduce them. I disagree with the regulation such increasing the high price of the petrol can reduce the problems which is because the urban workers choose a car for a journey based on the time efficiency than using public transport. Meanwhile, there are other solutions to reduce that problems though minimizing private cars and improving public transports.

High cost of petrol is not effective regulation to minimize congestion and air pollution in the city center. Now than, some workers using private cars for their journeys are caused by that are more efficient than using public transportation. As a result, the high price of petrol is not the best regulation to solve the problems. In 2010, the scientists in New York conducted research about how correlation between high the petrol cost and worker behavior for utilizing personal cars. They found out that 5% samples agreed that it reduce their mobility while 75% samples that regulation unaltered their choices to use private cars because it is faster than using another way. Having said that, increasing price of the petrol correlates with high price of productions and it delivers to new problems such an expensive price in public transport.

The other solutions which can be more effective to solve the problems are reducing private cars and improving high facilities in public transports. Which is because the half of gas emission and congestion are caused by using personal cars and adverse facilities in the public transport. The Indian Government in 2011 have success to reduce at 50% of traffic and air pollution by decreasing one person-one car and increasing comfortable facilities in the buses and trams.

In conclusion, increasing the price of petrol is not the best solution to solve traffic jam and gas emission in the city center. I personally believe that the problems are caused by most worker use one person-one car than utilizing public transports. The alternative solutions to reduce it though reducing the level of using personal cars and encouraging public transports in the city center.
Afdhel 14 / 21 1  
Hi there, I want to give you some advices

The government tries to increase

the problems which are because...

The high cost of petrol is not effective

How the correlation between high the petrol

Good luck, Keep writing

Home / Writing Feedback / The government tries to increase the cost of the petrol to reduce congestion and high gas emission.