(IELTS WRITING) Governments should ban dangerous sports? Discuss and give your own opinion

thaole2901 1 / -  

allowing risky sports or not?

Dangerous sports are a concerning topic in contemporary society. Whilst many people think that it could be necessary for governments to abandon them, I completely concur that people have the right to choose sport freely. This essay will justify this phenomenon as well as give my view.

There is a common belief that risky sports should be strictly prohibited because of some main reasons. Firstly, there are various threats which can lead to unexpected accidents, and even cause fatal consequences unless equipped with essential sports gear. According to recent reports, annually, practising adventure sports has a higher mortal rate than playing ordinary sports. Secondly, it is more likely to take the authorities a large amount of money to invest and maintain equipment in these activities. Instead of concentrating on them, governments can spend a budget developing others such as education, and infrastructure which can improve people's quality of life.

Despite the above argument, I have a positive attitude that people can play any sports they want. Thanks to the development of technology, scientists are able to invent various appliances which reduce fatal accidents. As a result, it could be an opportunity for sportsmen to engage in extreme sports regardless of the adventure rank. Moreover, the more sufficient people's lives are, the more people are more inclined to sample new experiences; therefore, they seem to be willing to take risks. Owing to fulfilling their desires, it could be vital to introduce different sorts of sports for people not only to discover their limits but also to overcome themselves.

To sum up, although imposing an official ban on risky sports is quite rational due to their danger and waste of money, because of technological advancement, I strongly believe that it could be better for people to try these activities and challenge themselves.
Representing a statement of concern was totally unnecessary since this was not represented as such in the essay. It was however, shown to be a debatable subject based on 2 public perceptions. Therefore the concern should have been indicated as a debate instead. The writer needs to differentiate the topic intentions so that he can use the correct descriptive term for the subject focus. Prior to presenting his opinion, he should have represented the associated public opinion restatement for accuracy scoring. The missing public reference means point deductions will be applied.

The paper can be scored only as representative of 1 out of 3 required opinions. The writer has not discussed /analyzed the 2 differing public views in the third person manner prior to his personal opinion presentation. He has not met he complete discussion requirements to be considered for a passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS WRITING) Governments should ban dangerous sports? Discuss and give your own opinion