Governments should support public transport - important factor of social welfare

maryailt 4 / 10 1  
Should governments fund public transport or not?

Nowadays the matter of public transportation in many countries is a crucial part of nation's challenges. Some people believe that governments are under obligation to support public transportation whereas a large group of people flatly reject this idea. In this essay I want to mention some advantages and disadvantages of financial support of public transportation by governments. 57

Firstly, the advantages of funding public transportation by governments: Imagine major cities of the world without public transport network! How do people travel to work, to school and to see their friends and families? what are the effects? The answer is clear a city without public transport is a city that regularly grint to halt. When public transit gets people out of their car the results will be less congestion, less pollution and fewer accidental injuries and deaths. In addition a further advantages is that by using public transport there are less traffic jams. Funding public transportation system can come from variety of different sources. This includes: sales taxes, general revenues, development fees and commercial sponsorship by businesses. 118

Secondly, disadvantages of providing financial support for public transit: The major flaw in this case can be creating financial burden for the government because the income is less than expenses and it seems somehow non- profitable. costs in security, repairs and maintenance of the vehicles are the most important matters and for the governments especially in developing countries it causes difficulties. 61

In conclusion, one of the most important factors of social welfare is public transport system and it is an strong reason for governments to support it. 26
AngelaB 7 / 14  
Your TOEFL essay should be longer (minimum 300 words) . Maybe you can add examples and write another paragraph
OP maryailt 4 / 10 1  
Thank you, I'm not sure but I think for Ielts it is enough
Anyway, your essay looks pretty short :)

Nowadays the matter of public transportation in many countries is a crucial part of nation's challenges. Some people believe that governments are under obligation to support public transportation whereas a large group of people flatly reject this idea. In this essay I want to mention some advantages and disadvantages of financial support of public transportation by governments .

.... Had your prompt asked whether you agree on that statement, then you better clearly state that you agree/disagree or partially agree. It is always better to express your opinion before concluding your intro.

Firstly, the advantages of funding public transportation by governments: Imagine major cities of the world without public transport network! How do people travel to work, to school and to see their friends and families? what are the effects? The answer is clear a city without public transport is a city that regularly grint to halt

Well, you essay looks like almost a speech :) If you are preparing for IELTS or TOEFL, then better you begin your body paragraphs with the reason as to why you hold a particular opinion. Then you should support that reason with a specific example. Also, you should have one reason per body para :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Governments should support public transport - important factor of social welfare