Grades are the motivation for students to study better, they can create a competitive environment

Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Grades
(marks) encourage students to learn. Use specific reasons and
examples to support your opinion

Grades are the motivation for students to study better, because marks can create for you a competitive environment. More than that, it is an indicator if you are prepared to step your foot outside the comfort zone or not. This essay will clarify why grades will compel students to learn.

There are abundance of students who are also study with you. They will be rated as you ,thus, once if you find out that somebody has a better mark than you. Hence, it will force you to learn and surpass the person who obtained the higher mark than you last time. By grading students, class will become a huge competition between many students. It is inevitably to feel jealous seeing someone who has better mark than you. However, this cannot apply to everyone, since there are plenty of people who could get dismay quite easily. To clarify it , a large group of people especially these days tend to consider themselves weak or not capable of anything. Consequently, once they see someone is better than them, then they will resign. In other words, not many spirits can overcome the pressure the move forward. However, as time goes by, they will realize that it is necessary to be jealous when it comes to marks or grades.

Furthermore, mark is the thing that statistically show you your performance. It can greatly affect you in a positive way. Since, most of people on this planet knows that school or university usually associated with your future works or jobs. In other words, it usually turns out that people who studied well at school have a tendency to execute their work or job well. Despite this possibility, again this does not apply to everybody, due to everyone's spirit and lucks. There are many people who studied well at school, however, they did not have enough practical experience or patience or lucks to succeed in this cruel world. After all, everything can possible on this planet.

Aforementioned reasons examine that grades do encourage people to comprehend new knowledge. For the reason that, it grades make the atmosphere more competitive. Moreover, grades indicate whether you will be good enough to handle your future job or not. Hence, it will motive you to study as well.
shannonnmm 2 / 4 2  
I like the overall idea, just a few grammatical errors.

...because marks can create for you a competitive environment. More than that, it istheyan indicatorindicate if you are prepared to step your foot outside the comfort zone or not. This essay will clarify why grades will compel students to learn.

There areis an abundance of students who are also study with you (kind of confusing). You will compare yourself to others who receive higher marks than you . Hence, it will forceforces you to learn and surpass the personpeople who obtainedthe higher marks than you last time . By grading students, class will become a huge competition between many students. It is inevitably to feel jealous if you see someone who has better mark than you. However, this cannotdoes not apply to everyone, since there are plenty of people who could get dismay quite easily (confusing). To clarify it , a large group of people, especially these days, tend to consider themselves weak or not capable of anything. Consequently, once they see someone is better than them, then they will resign. In other words, not many spirits can overcome the pressure tothe move forward. However, as time goes by, they will realize that it is necessary to be jealous when it comes to marks or grades.

Furthermore, mark is the thing thatmarks statistically showevaluateyou your performance. It can greatly affect you in a positive way. Since most of people on this planet knows that schoolsand universitiesare usually associated with your future job . In other words, it usually turns out that people who studied well in school tend to execute their work or job well. Despite this possibility, again this does not apply to everybody, due to everyone's spirit and lucks. There are many people who studied well in school, however, theybut did not have enough practical experience, patience, or luck to succeed in this cruel world. After all, everything can possible on this planet (confusing).

The aforementioned reasons examine that grades do encourage people to comprehend new knowledge. For the reason that (confusing), it grades make the atmosphere more competitive. Moreover, grades indicate whether you will be good enough to handle your future job or not. Hence, it will motive you to study as well.
Vns, your essay, while delivering good reasons to support grades as a motivation for learning, needs a lot of grammatical work. I don't know why but it seems like you are struggling to improve the way you construct English sentences. It does not have to sound highly educated, nor does it need to use big words that you think are impressive to read on paper but don't work to enhance your sentence at all. You just need to be able to express your thoughts coherently, using the correct simple English words. When are you taking the TOEFL test? You really need to work on this aspect of your essay writing skills. I will help you with this essay in the hopes that it can motivate you to learn how to take your time in writing the essay and encourage you to choose and think about the words you use when expressing yourself in English.

- Grades motivate students to study better because of the competitive environment it creates in the classroom. It is the indicator by which a student is judged by his teachers as being ready to advance to the next level of his education and whether a student is ready to step out of his comfort zone. These are but some of the reasons that I believe that grades encourage students to study and learn.

- Man is competitive by nature. That said, the the classroom setting encourages competition among students who study alongside one another. They are rated individually, hence creating the competitive atmosphere that encourages them to study harder in order to get higher grades than the others. Grading allows students to gauge their competition in class and also allows teachers to see whom among the students are fast learners. This allows the teachers to adjust their teaching styles and offers the students an insight into their learning abilities.

- Grading influences most students in a positive way. Students who see that they are getting good grades ambition to become more in life by attending college and universities because they know they can do their chosen jobs well. While others, who do not get good grades, are discouraged from attending higher education institutions but then, have a natural skill to succeed in life. Basically, grades do what they are meant to do, serve as the inspiration for students to continue doing well in their studies.

Please work on your conclusion by developing the proper format of restated prompt, summary, and your conclusion. Thanks :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Grades are the motivation for students to study better, they can create a competitive environment