UK graduate and postgraduate students who did not go into full-time work did after leaving college

just_writer 24 / 42 5  
The charts below show what UK graduate and postgraduate students who did not go into full-time work did after leaving college in 2008.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, make comparisons where relevant.

unemployed and educated people

The bar charts illustrate numbers of pupils who did not get a full-time work after Bachelor degree and Master degree in the UK at 2008. The charts have 4 categories; namely: part-time work, voluntary work, further study, and employment.

It seems that 29665 of students continues their study after bachelor degree, which is the highest number. After that, there is part-time work and unemployment that are fairly close with respectively, 17735 and 16235. The least amount of students did voluntary work with a number of 3500.

By the look at the second chart, we can find out that the highest numbers of students prefer to continue their study after Master degree. There are 2725 pupils in that category. After that, there is part-time work with 2535, unemployment with 1625 and voluntary work with 345.

Overall, the trends of how students behave after bachelor degree and Master degree did not change much. In both cases, further study has the first place and voluntary works have the last place. however, it shows that amount of students who did part-time work raised when students finish Master degree. Nevertheless, the part-time work still remained in the second place in both situations. Same as unemployment which is in the third place in both cases.

(203 Words)

I've always been confused about the meaning of undergraduate/graduate/postgraduate. In this essay, I counted Bachelor degree as graduate and Master Degree as postgraduate. Can somebody clarify that for me once for all? (google search doesn't help either) thanks in advance.

Hiwi_Life 10 / 31 7  
@just_writer
Regarding your question, the word graduate is used for a person who had completed his/her study; it can be bachelor, Master or even a highschool graduate. undergraduate is for first degree or its bachelor and postgraduate is for person who already has first degree and doing advanced study or Master.

And about your essay; you try to start by paraphrasing the question and you continue with detail and try to summarize it which is a good approach but check your grammar and also spelling errors.
TJLuschen - / 241 203  
Here in the US, an undergraduate is someone still in college who is pursuing their Bachelors degree. A graduate usually refers to someone who has gotten their Bachelors degree, while a graduate student or postgraduate is someone with a Bachelors degree who is studying for a more advanced degree. Of course, this chart is for the UK, which I guess has different terminology. Your interpretation makes sense to me.
Due to certain changes in company / forum policy regarding user participation, I can no longer continue to advice you regarding ways of improving your essay writing skills. It seems that you have been in violation of specific rules that have been brought to my attention and as such, prevents me from further participation in your threads. I can no longer assist you based on these new considerations. If the rules change regarding your participation (in particular) in this forum because of newer observations and considerations, only then will I be able to continue working with you on the development of your writing skills. You may contact the forum admin regarding this situation if you wish. They would be in the best position to discuss this situation with you. Forum policies regarding user participation must be strictly observed. Once you begin to follow the requirements and policies of the forum, then I will be able to work with you again. Until you show improvement in that aspect, you cannot expect any further help from me. I was given rules and I must comply with them.

Home / Writing Feedback / UK graduate and postgraduate students who did not go into full-time work did after leaving college