My grandma Phyllis is very special to me!

AmberJason02 1 / 1  
We all have families. Some families are larger than others. My family on my dad's side is pretty small. I have three aunts and one uncle. My Grandma Phyllis has many aspects in life that are very special to me that will be discovered in this essay. There are many wonderful memories of my grandma.

From the smell of the salty air to the extraordinary view of the Douglas firs, down the windy hill sat grandmas house. At the bottom of the hill where it flatten out there sat a big canary yellow double-wide that my grandma called home. In the summertime this is where my sister, my brother, my cousin tony and I would be. One of the memories of summertime at grandma's house was sitting in the red radio flyer wagon, racing down the gravel road until we reach the nice plush grass to stop, or to crash into. Grandma would always be out on the stairway yelling "Kids I want you to be careful going down that hill!" We always would say "Yes Grandma, we know."

As we cross the bridge to enter Florence I notice the tide is out. You can see people close to the water on the sand digging for clams; this is when I know we are close to grandma's house. I knew when I get to grandma's house and my parents left that grandma and I will be taking a trip to the store to get some coloring books and crayons for me. "Honey, you want to go into town to go to the store?" Grandma would always say. Outside sat her blue ford tempo. Grandma would let me set in the front every time. Making our way to the store, I remember seeing the bank, the gas station, and trucks going by with all train vehicles on the back of them.

I was the first grandchild to have my grandma's great grand baby. Every chance I got to go to Florence I would to go see my grandma with Kaylee. She absolutely adored Kaylee. You could tell with her gracious smile from ear to ear. Grandma was at a brittle stage in life. Her arthritis was so bad that her fingers were completely to the left side of her hands and folded. Grandma didn't get her hair done anymore, it was a mess. Sitting in her green recliner with her trifocal glasses, her pale skin, her beautiful smile, and Kaylee in her lap made grandma feel on top of the world. The look on grandma's face was joy but I could tell that Kaylee was too heavy for her. "Grandma, do you want me to take Kaylee?" I would say and she would response with "No, I am fine" in her snippy attitude. Grandma always had the Polaroid camera that you would shake and it would develop the picture right there. "Amber, Grab the camera and take a picture of us". "Okay, grandma" I said. Every picture that I have of Kaylee and grandma they both has that charming smile on their nice rounded flush face.

My Grandma has been a big part of my life and she has been in my oldest daughter life also. Not only was my grandma a mother, a grandma, a great grandma, she was an amazing
abedkh 8 / 6 1  
We all have families. Some families are larger than others. My family on my dad's side is pretty small. I have three aunts and one uncle. My Grandma, Phyllis has many aspects in life that are very special to me that will be discovered in this essay. There are many wonderful memories of my grandma.

Ff rom the smell of the salty air to the extraordinary view of the Douglas firs, down the windy hill sat grandmas house.

... Seems an interesting start and just couldn't help my agitation to come up with a suggestion for you :D ;
Family, whether it is immediate or extended, is a treasure for all of us. My paternal extended family is pretty small in size with my father's four siblings, my three aunts and one uncle. My paternal grandma, Phyllis is a very interesting character and she is so special tome. I have so many wonderful memories of my grandma and I dedicate this essay in memory of my beloved grandma.

Also, make sure you include the topic/purpose/ prompt when in your post. That helps others to comment more relevantly.
sure...it's for you :)

Home / Writing Feedback / My grandma Phyllis is very special to me!