(IELTS graph)the numbers of workers in 1975 employment sectors of the Freedonia.

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The graphs below show the numbers of male and female workers in 1975 and 1995 in several employment sectors of the republic of Freedonia.

Write a report for a university teacher describing the information shown.
You should write at least 150 words.

The given chart illustrates the employment in the republic of Freedonia in thousands by both sexes in six sectors in 1975 and 1995. In 1975, the number of man employees excludes the female employees' number in all sectors, whereas after two decades the women employment exceeds men in two sectors, wholesale and retail sector and communications.

In 1975, the public sector (defense), the number of women employment was only 25000 and male employment was 210,000, which was of four folds more than that of female employment. It shows a significant improvement in the female employment in this sector, which increased and became 50% that of the male employment after two decades. In case of employment in finance and banking in 1975 the male employment was four folds than that of the female employment. In 1995, there was a remarkable rise of four folds in female employment and reached at the level roughly equal to the level of the male employments. In communication field there was a negligible difference between the male and female employment in 1975. However, in 1995, the male employment remained the same level while women employment increased double and exceeded the male employment.

In short, the two sectors, manufacturing and public sector (non-defense), the rate of employment in both sexes remained roughly the same in the two years under review. Two sectors, female employment exceeded male employment in 1995.

You should write at least 150 words.

which was of four folds more than that of female employment.

....,which had been four times more than female employment levels.

four folds

... I guess "four times" sounds better.

Two sectors, female employment exceeded male employment in 1995.

In two sectors, female employment exceeded male employment in 1995.
I think you are now almost ready to take up the task :D
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai dumi..

Thanks for the corrections.

Now i am bothered about my timing. I finished it with 18 minits, my target is 15 minits. the problem is that i cannot limit the word strength between 150-200..

Tessy

As a hint, I would suggest you to have standard set sentences that you can straight throw as you start answering. For example;
The graph illustrates xxxxxxxxx (topic + two variables)

Overall it can be observed that yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (now give details, but don't lengthen this too much for the first time; you do it short and move on to the next para; the most important thing is that you have all expected features in your writing... once you finish the full essay, comeback here if you have time and write more details, but don't let this part to be sticky that may probably have you running out of time )

The trends suggest zzzzzzz
Don't worry.... you are now almost near perfection ... you'll do great at the exam ...GOOD LUCK!
Also, once you finish the exam, come here and help others with your experience....I can see that you put lots of effort for this exam and I'm sure you'll have the results :)

Good luck again!

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS graph)the numbers of workers in 1975 employment sectors of the Freedonia.