Ielts Task 1 - The graph represents how much money was spent on meat and fish in a European country

Cheng_ting 1 / -  

fish and meat consumption

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph represent the how many people spend the money on 4 different kind of meat in a European country over a period of 25 years.

It is clear that the chicken meat of spending was increased and it had highest figure by 2004, while beef was dramatically fall, it just about over 100 per person a week.

By 1979, the number of chicken started to rising, the number overtake the lamb and beef in about 10 years, and rise from around 150 to just under 250 per person per week between 1979 and 2004. In contrast, the figures of beef and lamb was noticeable decreasing about under 150 and 100 per person per week between 1979 and 2004.

While, the fish meat were the lowest number, and it were the most stable figure in the graph, around 50 per person per week in this period of 25 years.

The instruction is to have the writer produce at least 150 words. He was not instructed to write exactly 150 words. Producing only 150 words for the total text is a scoring disservice. The writer does not fully analyze and report on the given data. He is just presenting the given data without other considerations. Maximum scoring benefits are not achieved with that member. The best scores are achieved between 175-200 words.

Rushing to meet the minimum requirement, while sacrificing sentence clarity and information completeness affects the coherence of the essay presentation. It affects the cohesiveness of the paragraphs. The writer created an essay that falls short of reporting and analysis expectations for the report. It will be a stretch for this essay to achieve even a base passing score.

The potential of the writer to pass the test is there. However, the writer can only improve his score if he tries to excel more in terms of analysis and reporting. Deliver a more accurate task 1 essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts Task 1 - The graph represents how much money was spent on meat and fish in a European country