The graph below shows a typical American and a Japanese office. Summarise the information by selecti

hongan 1 / -  

The differences between offices in Japan and America

The provided plans depict the discrepancies between Japanese and American workplace with regard to arrangement. Looking from an overall perspective, it is readily apparent in the schemes that despite having fewer sectors, Japanese workers have less private space in comparison to their Western counterparts.

Looking at the former graph in more detail, Japanese office design follows a concept of minimalism with few areas namely Department Manager, Section Manager and office staff. It is noticeable that there are two symmetrical blocks of workers' space comprising six staffs under the supervision of the Section Manager on each side of the building. As for the Department Manager, it is placed in the uppermost sector, opposite the window view which is solely available for their position.

Turning to the remaining plan, it is manifest that there are gaps equally separating each individual, together with a lower number of workers makes privacy space become more available for American workers. All the surveillance departments are positioned on the east side of the building, with two adjacent section managers along the upper and the department one in the lower. With regard to the west of the building, there are multifunctional chambers comprising copier, storage and two conference rooms in order from top to bottom. Besides, two see-through windows are installed along both east and west side of the building enabling outdoor views for all members.
I cannot properly assess this writing based on the task 1 scoring requirements because it does not follow the word count for the task. The task 1 essay contains only 150-200 words. It is just a simple summary analysis essay. You wrote an essay equivalent to the task 2 essay. It appears you got your formats mixed up in this case. You will take more than 20 minutes to write this task in an actual test setting. That means, you will lose writing time for the task 2 essay and fail both tests in the process. It is important that you use a timer when you write any essay task because it gives you an idea regarding how well you will meet, or not meet the word count on test day. I can only assess your work if you write a task 1 essay that has no more than 200 words in it. Write about a new topic, stay within the 200 word count and post it here. I will assess that test instead.

Home / Writing Feedback / The graph below shows a typical American and a Japanese office. Summarise the information by selecti