(IELTS graph) three bar charts (developing ans ind. countries)

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
The given three bar charts described about the average years of schooling, number of scientists and technicians, research and developmental spending in the years 1980 and1990 in developed and industrialized countries.

The first bar chart shows the average years of schooling in developing countries was around 3yrs in 1980 and there is no significant change in this after a decade. On the other hand the industrialized countries the average schooling years was just around eight years and it increased to ten hours after a period ten years.

From the chart the scientists and the technicians per thousand people was ten thousand and nineteen thousand in 1980 and 1990 respectively in developing countries. At the same periods of time in industrialized countries it was around forty thousand and seventy thousand.

In the third diagram, in 1960 and 1990 industrialized nations spend 150 billion dollars and 350 billion us dollar respectively for research and development. In developed nations the expenditure on scientific research and development reduced to half in 1990 and reached to 25 billion us dollar in 1990 where as it was 50 billion us dollar in 1980.

In short, the first two chart shows the upward trend in the respected fields. The industrialized nations has considerable upward tendency in these two periods 1980 and 1990. On the contrary, in the third chart, though the industrialized nations showed an upward inclination, developed nations a downward trend.

this should be written in present tense.... Also, you have not attached the charts and without any visual presentation it is difficult to grasp an idea about these bar charts. It is not clear whether all three parameters are meant for that particular duration.

From the chart the scientists and the technicians per thousand people was ten thousand and nineteen thousand in 1980 and 1990 respectively in developing countries.

Why do you say " per thousand people" ? .... this sounds very confusing. You better not include too many details in one sentence. That makes the reader confused. It would sound more clear if you split it to two or sentences.

You tend to make some grammar errors. Get rid of that though they may be minor errors.
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
hai Dumi..

Thanks for your correction...

I tried somany times to upload the diagram..(.
Last time also it was happend with me. So that time i droped writing graph. I will try some other ways to attach the diagram.

Thanks a lot..
Tessy..
devabe2005 46 / 97  
developed nations a downward trend. -->developed nations in a downward trend.
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai Dumi and Dev...

Hai dumi..
Thanks for the correction...

Hai Dev...

Thanks you too...

Tessy

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS graph) three bar charts (developing ans ind. countries)