Writing task 1:the graphs below show a comparison of the weekly expenses in the UK and the US

Cold Sand 1 / -  

spending money weekly in the UK and the US

The pie charts compare the weekly expenses of the six most common categories in the UK and the US. Overall, rent accounted for the highest proportion in the United Kingdom, while it was food in America. Expenditure on DVDs was the lowest in both countries.

In Britain, the highest proportion was the expense of rent, which accounted for 30%. Food was the second-highest percentage at 18%. This was followed by transportation and outdoor entertainment, which both accounted for 15%. The lowest item of expenditure was on DVDs at 10%.

Turning to America, foodstuff accounted for the highest item of expenditure at 25%. Next, the expense of rent was 5% lower than the food. The Americans spent the exact same proportion on transporting, going out to relax and reading books, at 15%. Same as the British, the Americans only spent ten percent of their expense in DVDs, which was the lowest of all.
zoyatariq 1 / 2 2  
You did not give graph in your presentation but as far as i understand, the main fault of this presentation is lack of comparison, the main objective is to underline main features along with compare the things what i understand,what u need

1: compare UK and US by making two groups
2: compare food and rent first in UK and US
3: compare transportation and outdoor entertainment in both countries
4: now come to DVDs which accounted lowest position but at same pace in US and UK

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1:the graphs below show a comparison of the weekly expenses in the UK and the US