My Great Idea. Satirical Essay.

Townhopper 1 / -  
I've notice more and more people are applying for Medicare and Medicaid. As our population becomes older they are using the Medicare and putting a burden on the government funding. People, who are not working and are not contributing to the income tax base, are applying for Medicaid and burdening our system. Why should we have to pay for the old and lazy? I propose a solution, we euthanize the weak.

We do it to dogs all the time, when they get old and weak and of no use to us anymore, we put them down, out of their misery. Why not do it to people? So here's my plan; we first group the unhealthy poor people that are using our tax dollars together and we keep them all in one secluded area, where they can no longer repulse and infect our society. Then after 7 consecutive business days, if they are still not cured that is, we put them out of their misery. It's quite simple.

Secluding them from us will keep us healthy and when we do get a bug we can go to the doctor and not be bothered by the less fortunate. If everything goes as planned we can completely erase the use of Medicaid and Medicare. Imagine how much money we would save, we could use all that money to help the national debt, or increase medical research and supplies. Therefore we more fortunate people would stay healthy and wealthy.

So I propose a solution to the homeless coughing on you in the streets where we walk. We can get all those homeless off the street completely, what a great idea I have. Why should we have to pay for them to get medical attention? It's not like they're even people at all. More like the dogs we keep until they have no more use for us. What do you think?
cmpxo 2 / 1  
Overall, while I may not agree with the idea, this essay was good.

People, who are not working and are not contributing to the income tax base, are applying for Medicaid and burdening our system

The only thing I would say to change really is the use of the word 'burdening.' Just because you used it in the previous sentence as well.

Otherwise it seems well thought out.
kenyaboyfresh 7 / 17  

It's a satire, hes not being serious

Just one thing:
Why not do it to people? So here's my plan;:I think this should be a colon, correct me if I'm wrong. we first group the unhealthy poor people that are using our tax dollars together and we keep them all in one secluded area, where they can no longer repulse and infect our society.

Home / Writing Feedback / My Great Idea. Satirical Essay.