"Gross National Happiness" as a measurement of the success of the country. Maryland Essay #4 review

playa25 1 / -  
The former king of Bhutan, Jigme Singye Wangchuck, has expressed a philosophy of "Gross National Happiness" as a measurement of the success of the country. What is your personal philosophy? Tell us why you believe it could be used to evaluate a country's success.

The personal philosophy that I follow is one that emphasizes timely actions. The clichéd saying "The earlier, the better" is a part of my ideals. This way of thinking originated when I showed interest in playing a sport. My parents introduced me to athletics as a toddler because they thought it would be in my best interest to start at such a young age. If one expects a positive output, one should have an input of positive value. Starting as such a young age enabled me to become the varsity athlete that I am today. I have instilled this approach to every aspect of my life, whether it's studying as early as possible for a test or practicing taking care of my young brother before I become a camp counselor at his camp. This way of thinking can be used to measure a nation's success by evaluating the youth of the country. Preparing young people for the challenges of the world is necessary but not implemented at a very young age. This is part of the reason the United States is slipping in the educational rankings of the world; the education process needs to be revamped and younger children need to be challenged. If the youth of the country are educationally enhanced early, they will be in a better position to adjust to the world ahead of them. Thus, they build careers that will pilot them to the top of their respective industries. They will lead the US in various fields of study of the global economy. This reemergence of global power will put the United States on top of the world in many sectors; hence, the country is successful. Therefore, this philosophy can be used to evaluate a nation's success.
The clichéd saying "The earlier, the better" is a part of my ideals.

If you know it is a cliché, why not come up with a more original phrasing.

This is part of the reason the United States is slipping in the educational rankings of the world; the education process needs to be revamped and younger children need to be challenged. If the youth of the country are educationally enhanced early, they will be in a better position to adjust to the world ahead of them

Elaborate on this. Provide specific examples of ways in which this could be achieved. You can cut the stuff at the end of your essay about the U.S. to make room to do so, if necessary.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Gross National Happiness" as a measurement of the success of the country. Maryland Essay #4 review