Group working and respect to others' ideas and advice

pooria 1 / -  

Collaboration with others to reach planned goal

Sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The group will be helped more by person who will be willing to do what other group members want than by person who often strongly insists that things should be done in a way that is different from what the group wants to do.

In the rapidly changing environments of science, no tasks can be done by a single person. Collaboration and having respect for the other group members' ideas is an important factor that plays a crucial role in succeeding every group. Some are inclined toward the opinion that each member in a group can work separately and impact on the group's results. Actually, the group will be helped more by these persons. On the other extreme of the rope, others deeply believe that all members should consider others' ideas and viewpoints and not insist that others obey them. While both sides take their own positions, personally speaking, I definitely think that the latter group carries more weight. In the following paragraph, I will explain my reasons.

As the first and paramount reason, if group members pay attention to others' points and advice, all members can talk about various subjects and their experiences without any limitation; thus, they learn each other and develop their knowledge and expand their horizons. Subsequently, they accomplish every project and achieve the best goals. For instance, some master students in a university studied several factories that had been consisted of different groups. The obtained result showed that the groups that their members always worked together closely had both more efficiency and higher performances in processing different tasks. Their members had a good and constructive relationship and discussed various subjects and tried to teach each other new and practical concepts. This collaboration and solidarity helped them think about various issues effectively and deal efficiently with several problems in order to find viable solutions. No one strongly insisted that things should be done according to his/her ideas and viewpoints. Because he/she knew that without other group members' proposals and advice, he/she couldn't acquire new insights and valuable experiences. Therefore, the success of a group in completing any project depends on synchronizing members' ideas with others.

The second reason coming to my mind to substantiate my viewpoint is, paying attention to others' ideas and advice in a group can show that their roles are undeniable and thoughts that are valuable have positive and influential impacts. Hence, group members put a lot of effort to improve their performances and do everything properly and efficiently. My personal experience is a good example to illustrate this. About two years ago, I was a manager of the quality control department of a company where ten engineers worked together in order to produce some initial products. My group members and I always talked about new techniques in production and tried to research and propose comprehensible ideas and optimal solutions. I had a lot of respect for them and considered their viewpoints and paid attention to their efforts and performances. Consequently, these treats encouraged them to analyze all positive and negative aspects of different issues and to try hard to find pragmatic approaches and solve the group's problems.

In conclusion, considering and paying attention to other group members' ideas not only help them present their viewpoints and develop their knowledge but also encourage them to try hard to obtain remarkable achievements.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@pooria
Hi there!

I see that you're new to the forum. Welcome here!

First and foremost, I think that the depth of your essay is sufficient. You were able to provide compelling evidences of your point of views, proving that you have quite a firm grip of the content of your essay. Bearing that in mind, I suggest that you try to incorporate writing techniques that'll enable you to have more structure and depth into your essay. My observation is that you were quite focused on over-explaining your lines, stretching out your arguments unnecessarily throughout the essay.

For instance, let's take a look at the initial part your first paragraph and revise.

..., no tasks cannot be done ... Collaboration and having ... ideas is an important factor ... in succeeding every group. Some are inclined towards the opinion ... and impact on the group's results.

While it makes your essay appear complex, when working with essays that require depth and analysis, I suggest omitting words that are inessential.

For instance, in your second paragraph, observe how this revision works:

As the first..., iFirstly,if group members ... points and advice, all members can ... and their experiences without any limitations; thus, they learn from each other and develop their knowledge and expand their horizons what they already know.

Notice how when you're transitioning between sentences, there's no need for you to add a thus considering that you were already using the semi-colon (an indicator of a transition between connected lines).

Keep these in mind as you are writing. I hope that I was able to help you.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Home / Writing Feedback / Group working and respect to others' ideas and advice