IELTS-Nowadays a growing throw-away culture causes people to throw away their goods

devabe2005 46 / 97  
QUESTION:
Nowadays a growing throw-away culture causes people to throw away their goods and replace them with new, latest technology ones available on the market. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this culture for our society.

ANSWER:
Due to rapid technology revolution many latest technology equipments products are delivered in the market. This motivates people to buy new equipments and throw away their old ones or replace old with new one. Let us see briefly about both merits and demerits of this situation.

Scientific research help to find new discoveries and advancement of technology result in easily operated and additional featured equipments and other goods are increased in the market. For example, due to advancement in washing machine it washes the clothes and automatically delivered to heater kit and switch off after heater is completed. This saves people time and removes extra burden to monitor the washing machine.

On the other hand, due to attraction of the latest equipment people are spending more money to buy latest equipment and finding reason to place their old machines in garbage. For example, people are avoiding using slight scratch in their refrigerator and buy new fridge and old ones are thrown out from their home. It is wastage of money. Due to this environment is affected by garbage which contains old equipments and machines. People are affected by technology related diseases. For example, people addicted to mobile phones and computers. Due to radiation from mobile phones may cause blurring vision, headaches and even cancer too.

To conclude, buying latest equipment and replace old goods is the latest trend and most people are following this trend. It has both advantages and disadvantages. I feel that if until necessary they must not buy latest goods and it is waste of money.
Due to rapid technology revolution many latest technology equipments products are delivered in the market.

Due to rapid technological advancement endless number of new technological products, decvises adn equipment are introduced to the market almost everyday.

This motivates people to buy new equipments and throw away their old ones or replace old with new ones

Scientific research helpsto find new discoveries and advancement of technology product and service solutions that result in easily operated and additional featured equipments and other goods are increased in the market.

.... I feel this is a bit too long. Also why you talk about research ?Now that you've taken a good entrance to your essay and you need to align your sentences with what the prompt asks. So get on to the point and show them how this trend impact this new culture :)

.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS-Nowadays a growing throw-away culture causes people to throw away their goods