Guitar Makes a Comeback to Pop Music

Eddward 1 / -  

Guitar Makes a Comeback to Pop Music

The guitar is making a comeback to popular music. As of recent, there have been many people learning guitar. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, people have picked up the guitar as a new hobby. And some are also starting to write songs. As of late, many songs in the charts today have a lot more guitar use in songs than ever in years. Genres in the past, such as rock and country, have a significant amount of guitar playing, but pop music has recently lacked guitars. However, more and more guitars have been used in many hit songs in the past couple of years.

In the decades, the age of mainstream pop music dropped into two categories: guitar, sound, and bass groups or singers supported by the conventional orchestra. Since early in this period, it was common for pop producers, songwriters, and engineers to freely experiment with rhythmic structure, instrumentation, artificial reverb, and different sound effects. Some best-known instances are Phil Spector's wall of sound and Joe Meek's usage of homemade electronic results in performances like The Tornados. Simultaneously, pop music on the radio in American and British cinema went from sophisticated metal to more unconventional songwriting and integrated reverb-drenched rock guitar, symphonic strings, and trumpets played by groups of decently ordered and rehearsed working musicians.

Sound has been around for some years, and it's not going out soon. You get sounds from The Beatles and The Who, and even their music is still equally warm today as it was back when it was first released. Still, there have also been some rappers and artists that get taken as "cheesy pop" today. Cheesy sound isn't as terrible as it sounds though it puts a lot into doubt when establishing sound as a challenging and excellent music style. Some popular music is reasonable and provides a lot, but worse. Some artists hit this mark in the music industry and made it the standout and standard field of music.

Nevertheless, some artists have butchered this pop culture and haven't gotten the best of their talents. It occurs, but this doesn't wish to have pop music isn't great music because it is. Remember, sound's been about for decades, and it's growing stronger by this time. Therefore, there exist so many who see sound as the stable house of the music business.

Three categories that I think can help my essay are attention to detail, coherency, and avoid repetition. Attention to detail helps to get my point across because I know that there are some details I am missing throughout the draft. But with some time, that can help immensely. Coherency because I know sometimes, I can write multiple lines and it would still be one sentence. I would say I should try to separate sentences or make smaller sentences instead of making one gargantuan sentence that wouldn't make sense in the end. And avoiding repetition would help a lot because I know that I repeat a lot of information, so avoiding it as much as I could help enormously.
The essay would also benefit from more popular song mentions in relation to guitar use a rhythm basis. You are assuming too much that the person reading this paper will have a music background. That may notalways be the case. Always consider the non-musician point of view who may need some hand holding or simpler explanations to understand the article. Try to use more recent popular composer references and song titles. That way the reader can pretty much hear what you are talking about in his head, leading to an easier understanding of your writing purpose. You already mentioned the technical aspects of writing you need to address so I do not need to repeat those mentions. What I can add, is that you need to better reference your source material in the sections were taken from other sources. The paper badly needs in-text citations and referencing based on the required writing style.

Home / Writing Feedback / Guitar Makes a Comeback to Pop Music