What is happiness? Why is it difficult to define?

ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
From the first day of creation of the world to date, humankind had looked for the different ways which make him happy. In fact, mankind intrinsically is drawn to the situations at which feels happiness. Moreover, some social and sexual elements are central to the continuing controversy over the definition of happiness and there are various causes which make the issue imperative.

The diversification of beliefs in various societies can be considered as the main factor which causes not being able to define happiness. Moslems, for instance, believe that living in a condition on which Islamic rules are dominated is the real meaning of happiness, whereas materialists think that happiness is briefed on this world and they evaluate the level of happiness in basis of economical issues. On the other hand, the definition of happiness is also influenced by gender of individuals. Since the needs and perspectives of males and females are different, subsequently, they have different attitude toward happiness. As a result, sex and beliefs can be the reasons why individuals cannot have an agreement about a specific happiness definition.

Although, there is no comprehensive definition in this concern, all people naturally know the causes impacting happiness. One of these factors is physical and mental states. Living in a condition free of anxiety and diseases can provide a comfortable and pleasant place that directly affects the mental and physical health of people. Another significant factor is the goal of living. In other words, setting a goal in life and the attempt of people to reach it, can makes individuals happy. When a person has no aim in his/her life, would be disappointed since he/she finds the world a worthless place, and it is impossible for a person with this though to understand the beautiful facets of life. Psychologists and sociologists believe that this issue is a major concern which has resulted in increase in the percentage of suicide at the recent decades. Therefore, the quality of life and the thought of people are the important causes which strongly influence happiness.

In summary, when it is asked a person: "what is the happiness?" he/she finds it intricate topic to talk about. In addition, there are too many factors which impact happiness such as life style, opinion of people in respect to life, etc. For my perspective, happiness is not available in this world because it is a transient world, and consequently, we can seek it in another world. This though can be helpful for people to adopt themselves to the hard condition in life and it can make the world more satisfying place to live.
meandstudying 2 / 14  
Hi ah_zafari,

Here some suggestions, I hope natives would have better ones :

"...,humankind has been looking for the different ways to make them happy .."

"...mankind is drawn intrinsically to the situations in which they feel happiness / OR/ to the situations of happiness ..." --> I think this sentence should be rephrased otherwise.

"...the main factor that causes..."

"..Muslims , for instance, believe that living in a condition, on which Islamic rules are dominating, is the real meaning of happiness.."

I dont understand what "briefed" means in here --> "happiness is briefed on this world"

"...happiness is also influenced by gender of individuals .."

"Although, there is no comprehensive.."

"...can makes individuals happy..."

"... When a person has no aim in their life, they would be disappointed since theyfind the world a worthless place...."

How about this one : "worthless place, thus it would be impossible for them to understand the beautiful facets of life ..."

"...in increased percentage of suicide ..."

".. the quality of life and thoughts of people are the important causes that strongly influence happiness..."

".., when a person is asked ..."

"...they find it an intricate topic to talk about.."

"..too many factors that impact happiness.."

".. to adapt themselves..."

"..make the world a more satisfying place to live."

I hope this would help you, that was just my suggestions, perhaps there are better ones

Good luck

Sincerely
OP ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Thank your very much for your time and help

Home / Writing Feedback / What is happiness? Why is it difficult to define?