IELTS - HAPPINESS; Why it is difficult to define and What factors contribute to achieving?

Gichki 4 / 5  
Task: Happiness is considered very important in life
Why is it difficult to define?
What factors are important to achieving happiness?
During this unpredictable journey of life man comes across various emotions which directly or indirectly influence his personality.Among these emotions happiness is what everybody wants and is very important in life.As it is said that happy people live longer. Defining happiness is actually very difficult because it varies in individuals with different backgrounds.

A variety of psychological, religious and philosophical approaches have strained to define happiness and its sources because of the diversity of this feeling in different people. Happiness actually is a mental or spiritual feeling. The mental feeling of human is very complex because it varies from person to person. For example, something or a course of action can be a cause of happiness for one person but this may bring sorrows for other person. Even a person himself sometimes comes across a certain mental state that he cannot judge whether he is happy or sad. For a sick person, health is what brings joy in his life. For a wretched person, wealth is main cause of happiness in his life, so and so forth. This diversity of human feelings make it difficult to understand the actuality of happiness.

Everyone in this world is working day and night to achieve happiness. Achieving happiness is not as difficult as defining happiness. In order to be happy in this life we should be grateful to what we have i.e. health, wealth,family etc. If we are thankful then minor things can make us happy. We should define our goals and work hard to achieve our goals. Spiritual satisfaction can on be attained if we are very much close to nature and understand what nature wants from us. A person who is spiritually satisfied is the happiest man on the earth. Be ambitious but don not be over ambitious because this world is not a wish granting factory as Nicholas Spark said.

To sum up, defining happiness is the toughest ask but being happy is all in your hands which can be achieved by being grateful to what you have and being close to nature.
Abdurasul 32 / 86 4  
Be ambitious but do not (not "don not") be over ambitious,,,,
A variety of psychological, religious and philosophical approaches have strained to define happiness and its sources because of the diversity of this feeling in different people

The actual reason is that different people perceive happiness differently. These perceptions may have been shaped by their religion, culture, educational background etc.

Everyone in this world is working day and night to achieve happiness.

It is good if you open your body paras with a reason that you use to answer the question. In this case it is that "What factors are important to achieving happiness?". Try not repeating too obvious ideas.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - HAPPINESS; Why it is difficult to define and What factors contribute to achieving?