IELTS - Happiness is one of the most vital factors for a worth-living life

Pyon9x 11 / 24 9  
Happiness is considered very important in life.
Why is it difficult to define?
What factors are important in achieving happiness?

It is true that happiness is one of the most vital factors for a worth-living life. Although many people including some of the most well-known inviduals have tried to find the definition of happiness, the term still does not have the exact meaning. The essay will explore the reasons why meaning of happiness is hard to clarify as well as factors needed to lead a happy life.

The term "happiness" is hard to clarify because it means something different to each individual. Each person has his or her own experience that no one else can fully understand, and each of us also gains happiness from different sources of pleasure. For example, some people link wealth and economic success with happiness, others feel happy simply when they acknowledge that their beloved ones live happily. At the same time, a range of feelings from excitement to peacefulness are also associated with happiness. Therefore, the same person may feel happy in a variety of different ways.

To me, the most important factor for one to gain happiness is the sense of satisfaction. Because the feeling of happiness arises when people acknowlegde that they have achieved something valuable such as good health to enjoy life, success in career or simply travelling to a wonderful place. Therefore, if a person is not satisfied with what he or she has got, the sense of achievement, which leads to happiness, can never occur. Some people may claim that satisfaction with what one has got can kill the motivation of pursuing new goals, which will certainly hinders one from self-development; however, I would argue that satisfaction does not contradict with the motivation to try for more, once a person has got the feeling of achievement, the delight of achieving something will surely a useful force to keep one trying for new goals.

To conclude, happiness is an ambigous term because its meaning varies for different people , and satisfaction is a key to lead a delightful life.
- You can actually strengthen this introduction by giving some examples of the definition of happiness before you launch into the introduction of the prompt and presentation of your thesis. Instead of saying this paper will give reasons why the meaning is hard to find, say instead that you will "analyze the meaning of happiness and the criteria important towards achieving it."

- ... for alife worth living . Although many people, including some well known individuals... still cannot be given a definite meaning .

- Avoid redundancies. We already know the term is hard to define.
- Immediately go into the individual definitions of happiness. You could start this paragraph this way "The dictionary defines happiness as... But people, who have had different experiences in achieving happiness define it otherwise. Some say that... Others..."

- Never start your sentence with "Because". This is not acceptable grammar. However, if you remove the period at the end of the first sentence and use a small b to spell the word, you can use "because" as part of the previous sentence. That is acceptable.

- Spellcheck - acknowledge , traveling
-... good health that helps them enjoy life, success in their careers, or simply traveling to new and wonderful places. If a person... motivationto pursue... self-development.However...... more... Once...will surely be useful in trying for new goals to make one happy.

Your conclusion suddenly showed a prompt deviation, you went from discussing happiness to discussing satisfaction. You need to revise that statement to reflect the prompt only.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
To conclude, happiness is an ambigous term because its meaning varies for different people ,and satisfaction is a key to lead a delightful life .

maybe, you can give such a suggestion to the readers, how to get happiness. what should they do, what are some treatment that they can do, and don't mention another topic such as satisfaction
SAM2014 8 / 13 3  
Additional comment: I think this part is not related to the topic. We are talking about factors of happiness, but it seems that you are talking about "motivation of pursuing new goals"?

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - Happiness is one of the most vital factors for a worth-living life