Happy Moonlight Festival- create your own festival

The Happy Moonlight Festival is the most popular festival in Vietnam. It is held on the fifteenth day of the eighth lunar month every year when the moon is at its roundest and brightest.

This celebration is a formal way for Vietnamese farmers to worship the Mountain God after the summer harvest is successfully completed. Besides, it is also a time for family reunions and a day for children to enjoy before the new school year begins.

The event usually starts early in the evening. Children will enjoy wearing masks to camouflage as clowns, superheroes, princesses, ghosts, or more. They parade through the local streets while singing the funny songs and carrying colorful handmade lanterns. The lanterns can be a gigantic flower, a big star, or a titanic boat with a lighted candle inside. In the other hand, some of the children will come together as a team of eight to ten people to perform the lion dance. They will hide inside the costume of a lion. Usually, the dancers in the body position are required to support the head dancer, so the lion can move and jump up high. After the performances, the team will receive the lucky money from the people around. The sounds of energetic laughter and drum-beat music cheer up the lion dance. Together, the children step their way all over the streets to spread out their joyfulness. The streets are positively lighted up with the glow of hundreds of pretty lanterns.

A traditional food for this festival is mooncakes. Typical mooncakes are round shaped with two main kinds: baked mooncake and sticky rice mooncake. The outside of a baked mooncake is very soft with a cheesy taste of buttercream, but the outside of a sticky rice mooncake is very chewy with a sweet taste of sugar canes. Although they are separated by different crusts, the filling of two kinds can be the same with mostly jam, dried sausage, mung bean paste, lotus seeds, and more. A salted egg york in the middle of the filling cuts the greasiness and sweetness of the rest of the mooncake. The whole combination tastes like heaven. It is like sprinkling sea salt on caramel. It will definitely catch one's attention on their first bite.

After the event is over, it is time for family reunion. The adults will burn incenses to pray for a lucky new harvest season and honor the ancestors. The children will help the adults prepare a small party. After all, they gather around to chit chat and enjoys the mooncakes with a sip of hot tea under the bright moonlight.

In summary, the Happy Moonlight Festival is a joyful festival for everyone. It is also dedicated to children and young people of their origin and national culture.

please help me with the conclusion, grammar check, feedback, and word used. Thank you very much!!!! I'm trying to improve my writing skill please help me
knhusone 3 / 6  
Hi Maibellinenguyen, I highly appreciate your description of the festival, but I think you should use vocabulary more carefully. to improve your work, like :
=> Besides, it is also an occasion for family reunions and a day for children to enjoy before the new school year begins.
=> On the other hand, some of the children will come together as a team of eight to ten people to perform the lion dance.

=> A traditional dish for this festival is mooncake (cuz I think we cannot use " a food ", right?)
=> After all, they gather around to chit chat and enjoy the cakes with a sip of hot tea under the bright moonlight.

I hope that my suggestions will help you for a better work next time ! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Happy Moonlight Festival- create your own festival