The hardest dilemma about which choice we should take - SAT essay

loverenminki 1 / -  
I'm practicing for my SAT with essay so please kindly help me grade this essay on the scale of 2-12
What two opinions are the most difficult to choose between?

We all have been in a dilemma and confound about which choice we should take as every decision we make could lead to a significant effect in our life. And to me, the two options that are the most difficult to choose between is to purchase perfection or accepting who we are.

No one is perfect and we all know that. To satisfy people around us or just to be defined as "accomplished" , we always hide our mistakes and imperfection. We can lose ourself, don't know who we are as we have been wearing a mask for a long time. However, if we make every efforts to become good at everything, we will discover our inner talents and be extremely fulfilled when we reach the thing that we consider as 'perfection'.

We have more chances to become the best version of ourselves.

In contrast to the first option, accepting who we are seems hard for an ambitious person. Though we might face either satisfactation or unsatisfactation of what we are having, those things which we are having is the only thing that makes us special. For example, Elizabeth in a famous Jane Austen's novel, Pride and Prejudice, rather than pretending to be a perfect woman or being pessimistic because of not being perfect, she accepted who she is, continued doing what she loved. She was always herself and that made Mr.Darcy - an intelligent, prestigious man interested in.

To choose between following perfection or living with our real abilities is always a hard choice for all of us.

P/s: I'm trying my best to improve my poor writing skills. Thanks for helping!
danbrespadkit 3 / 5 1  
I would change the following parts:
Cofound isn't used correctly. Here's an example from dictionary.com: The complicated directions confounded him. I also don't think it is the verb you're looking for. Don't use big words if you don't use them often. It is better to write an essay with correctly used medium-level vocabulary than an essay with incorrectly used high-level vocabulary. (When I took the SAT, I used overall medium-level vocabulary and got a 10).

And to me, the two options that are the most difficult to choose between is to purchase perfection orand accepting who we are.
hide our mistakes and imperfections . We can lose ourselfves
This paragraph (No one is perfect...) needs clarification. What are you trying to say? Try rephrasing it and deepening your thought. Elaborate more on your idea.

The third paragraph needs work on grammar and clarity. Remember that the reader is not in your head and will understand only what you are writing. The last sentence of this paragraph doesn't quite make sense.

In the last part, which I'm guessing would be your conclusion, try making it a bit longer. (doesn't have to be five sentences, but two or three more will make it a stronger conclusion). What is your opinion?

Overall: Try to deepen you idea more. You're being too superficial. Make a little outline before writing your essay as I have found that to help (it shouldn't take more than two minutes. What examples can you use to support your answer? (the Pride and Prejudice example is good, though it could use some clarification). You should have at least two different supporting examples or one big one in which you can elaborate a lot. Remember what I said about vocabulary and don't be afraid to emit an opinion in these essays.

I would give it an overall score of 5.

Home / Writing Feedback / The hardest dilemma about which choice we should take - SAT essay