'Harmful effects' - IELTS Essay about the influence of advertisement

ying0216 1 / 1  
Do the positive effects outweigh negative effects, when advertising gains in popularity?

Advertisement of one the most common types of media in today's society. However, with the widespread of advertisement the general public is becoming more interesting in estimate the influence of the commercial advertisement to the society. In my opinion, commercial advertisement benefits the public in various ways.

Firstly, providing financial incentive is one of the inarguably contributions of advertisement. There is a little room for doubt that advertisement is one of the fastest growing industries, billions of dollars have spent each year. For example, from the farms from Africa to CEOs from New York, they are all eagerly to find buyers through advertising. Millions of companies, therefore, have established severing this purpose. Advertising not only provide financial support to the local economics but also helps reducing the rate of unemployment and creating new job opportunities.

Another benefits brought by commercial advertisement is that assisting people to select right products. For example, all the advertisers posted their merchandise's information to the Internet, so people can input the description of productions in search engine, such as Google, Baidu to find the merchandises match their needs.

In spite all of these benefits, advertisement can be harmful to the public in several ways, for example advertisers always exaggerate the high lights and reduce the negative effects which confused the public all the time. Commercial advertising also affects people's judgment and leads them into the impulsive purchase.

To summarize, although advertising is criticized every now and then, the positive influence of advertisement overwhelming its negative side. The advertisement is of great value to the public.

ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
If you think the advantages are more than the disadvantages, you should first write the disadvantages in the body and then write the advantages.
OP ying0216 1 / 1  
Thank you very much, It is really helpful!!

Home / Writing Feedback / 'Harmful effects' - IELTS Essay about the influence of advertisement