"Haruki Murakami: Share with us a few of your favorite books" short answer

wendywhy 2 / 3  
The whole question is: Share with us a few of your favorite books, poems, authors, films, plays, pieces of music, musicians, performers, paintings, artists, blogs, magazines, or newspapers? Feel free to touch on one, some, or all of the categories listed, or add a category of your own.

Thanks for reading! Every comment is appreciated!

Haruki Murakami is a most frequent name on my book-list. Typically representative of Japanese modern literature, he terrifically depicts isolation, maturity, death and deep humanities in his novels such as Norwegian Wood, All God's Children Can Dance, and Hear The Wind Sing. The subtle sentiments gently echo in my heart, yet leave more unsaid to let me taste and penetrate. My sympathy with the characters, common or absurd, often reveals unperceived nature or change of mine.

Solitude has been a complex companion that occupies most of my time. I have struggled bitterly against it at sleepless nights, covered by darkness and overwhelmed by thoughts. I can't stand it when my friends walked away from me and when my passionate invitations only received cold rejections. It's not the trifles that scared me, but the threatening idea, "now I am alone". I tried to share such annoying feelings with friends as to look for comfort, but I wasn't understood until I talked to Haruki Murakami, by reading through his words.

In his Norwegian Wood, the young man, lost inside, looks as normal as anyone else. Hanging out, having friends, studying hard, he still can't fill the emptiness in his heart. His deeper self-consciousness and realization of loneliness come gradually and silently. The way he discovers himself and questions the world definitely allows me to identify with and answer my similar puzzles. Haruki also said: " In certain areas of my life, I actively seek out solitude." I then understood that solitude is the shadow of faith, guiding and helping me to reveal something in the dark - myself. It is inevitably there, a companion I choose to embrace.
iamitter 2 / 1  
I really love what you did with the descriptions - creative writing is clearly a strong point for you!

The subtle sentiments gently echo in my heart, yet leave more unsaid to let me taste and penetrate.
I like the first part, but the taste and penetrate sounds a bit awkward to me. I'd rephrase that.

I have struggled bitterly against it at during sleepless nights, covered by darkness and overwhelmed by thoughts.

I can't couldn't stand it when my friends walked away from me and when my passionate invitations only received cold rejections.
Solitude has been a complex companion that occupies most of my time.

Best sentence ever... I'm so happy to have read it!

I couldn't stand it when my friends walked...

Oh, I see that Mateusz already corrected some of that.
I feel like a sentence should be added maybe to the beginning or end of one of the paragraphs. Can you add some clarity to this by perhaps ending the second paragraph with a sentence that expresses a main idea that is the theme for your essay? The essay needs a theme to hold it all together. :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / "Haruki Murakami: Share with us a few of your favorite books" short answer