Toefl : Haste makes waste? Yes, I think so

artin 7 / 17  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Haste makes waste.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.

Generally during our life, we are always trying to do our bests. However, sometimes by considering the condition such as lack of time, we behave more quickly which the result wouldn`t be the same as the normal condition. In my opinion, haste in doing something cause time and cost waste beside the low quality of the result.

First of all, I believe that when a person is behaving in a quick manner, surly would have more faults. Thus, in order to come back and correct the faults it would take time, which results in the duplication of time for a certain job. For instance, imagine you are washing a T-shirt, In case you wash it quickly, some dirt may be remained. Therefore, you have to wash it again in order to clean it completely which cause time waste.

Besides, being in a hurry in doing a job indirectly cause to cost much more than the usual time. As supplementary description, return to the example mentioned in the above paragraph. In case that you want to wash a T-shirt two times you have to use two times more material. Using two times more material means costing twice. Hence, it could be concluded that hasting in doing a job makes us to cost more.

Finally, I would like to present the worst thing which results in hasting and that is the low quality.I believe that good quality could be gained in case that a person has the most accuracy in doing something. As far as,being in a hurry reduce the accuracy , so that the quality would be reduced subsequently. As mentioned in above example,it is clear that finally the T-shirt remained a little bit dirty.So,it could be concluded that haste effects on the quality in bad way.

In the end,according to the above described reasons, time waste,duplication of the cost and also reduction in the quality of the result, I believe that haste makes waste.
Your introduction is very good; It contains good ideas and follows a good structure :)

In my opinion, haste in doing something cause time and cost waste besidein addition the low quality of the result.

.... I think you can present this idea in a more simple and interesting manner;
In my opinion, doing things in haste may lead to waste of time and cost in addition to the low quality output.
OP artin 7 / 17  
Thanks dumi, you are right :),I would correct it next time.
First of all, I believe that when a person is behaving in a quick manner , surly would have more faults.

..... avoid writing in present continuous form when the action takes place recurrently;
... when a person behaves in a rush he is very much likely to make mistakes.

Thus, in order to come back and correct the faultsmistakes it would take time, which results in the duplication of time for a certain job.

.... the more appropriate words are ; mistake/ error/ lapses
Therefore, it takes additional time for this person to rectify such errors that were made in rush.

In case you wash itquickly, some dirt may be remained.

Well... quick is not a bad thing and it is indeed an advantage that helps people to save time they spend on a task. Here what you mean is that he washes it in a hurry or rush without paying due care and attention to the task. So I suggest;

If you wash it in a hurry, you may not be able to remove all the dirt properly.
Sorry... I couldn't make my comment on your essay structure and style.
I think you have understood the structure very well and you keep the alignment with the topic cleverly. So your ideas are logically presented and it is quite good. You also have very good points and try to support them with logical examples.

With more practice you can aim for a good score. : )
OP artin 7 / 17  
Thank you very much dear Dumi for kind,complete and prompt checking.I will work on your given comments in my next writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl : Haste makes waste? Yes, I think so