Healthy Lives for Plainsville residents - GRE

Siddharthvora01 3 / 3  
Topic:
Previous experience has shown that our stores are most profitable in areas where residents are highly concerned with leading healthy lives. We should therefore build our next new store in Plainsville, which has many such residents. Plainsville merchants report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs. The local health club, which nearly closed five years ago due to lack of business, has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full. We can even anticipate a new generation of customers: Plainsville's schoolchildren are required to participate in a 'fitness for life' program, which emphasizes the benefits of regular exercise at an early age."

Essay:
The perspetive of the vice president of Nature's way to expand the business by opening stores of food and other health related product in the area where the residents are highly concerned with health.The plan was made based on the previous experiences of their store where they earned profit in health concious area.However, on analysing the entire argument from all perspective one can identify the loop holes and flaws that make the argument weak.These flaws are the result of vague assumptions and fact that have been presented as as evidence in support of the claim in the argument.

In the memorandum the future plan were based on the profit earned by their stores in their previous experience was a rife.The future plans is just based on the assumption that the profit earned by the store that area will impact the profit of the store in the new area this assumption is totally rife .The area vin which their store earn the profit must not have any tough competitor in that area or if people in that area likes the snacks doesn't mean that the resident of the other area will also like the snacks.There is no interconnection of the residents of both the area.The taste and choice of people vary from people to people and from area to area.

Also,there is another assumption made to support the argument that the markets of shoe and exercise clothing has gone up.This assuption also does not support the argument because the sales must have gone up due to the demand to supply ratio which must be high .i.e. due to high high demand and poor supply the must have gone up.Another assumption they have made is that the local health clubs which were shut down due to lack of customer has again resurrected with high number of membership.This assumption can also be attacked by considering that is must have occult due to his poor service and due to change in the management the club has improved their service which led him the customers .The aerobic classes are full which can again due the more residents as compare to less classes.The anticipation they have made for fitness life program also cannot be supported because if the parents are not interested than there would not much participation in this program.

But, the assumption if true can increase the profits of the company with a big margin and if the companys products and food are good in quality it can attract new customers and the fact that everyone is a beginner sometime and slow and steady they can become the giants by their service.

On an whole the argument cannot be supported due number of loophole assumptions to support the argument and no concrete data or statistics are not available.So,the argument fails to appear acceptable due to lack of credible evidence.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
The perspetive of the vice president of Nature's way to expand the business by opening stores of food and other health related product in the area where the residents are highly concerned with health.

This sentence is long and hard to understand. You could say: "From the Vice President's perspective, expanding the business of Nature's way would entail opening more health related stores. These stores would be opened in a community that is highly concerned with health."

The plan was madeB ased on the previous experience,of their store where they earned a profit in health conscious areas.However, onUpon analysing the entire argument from all perspectives, one can identify the loop holes and flaws that make the argument weak.

I feel that you need to be more specific with what you mean by "the argument" (the argument= the plan, right?)

These flaws are the result of vague assumptions and fact that have been presented as as evidence in support of the argument's claims.in the argument.

In the memorandum, the future plan was based on the profit earned by their stores'in their previous experience.was a rife.

Home / Writing Feedback / Healthy Lives for Plainsville residents - GRE