'heat-debated topic'; Everyone has the right to get university education?

clairpure 2 / 3  
Some people believe everyone has the right to get university education. To what extent do you agree government should make it free to all people no matter of their financial background?

Due to the rapid pace of development of technology and economy, receiving tertiary education in universities has become a tendency these days. Whether or not should government support free access of university education to everyone is a heat-debated topic. While I tend to advocate free university education, some other factors like student marks and economic strength, I believe, should be taken into consideration whilst implementing this act.

Free access to university education allows people to acquire better knowledge and skills, which can act as a precursor to career success and valuable contribution to the society. For example, economy specialists are able to identify economic factors that influence large- and medium-size investments. Investors therefore change their strategies to avoid economic and financial risks before any loss happen. Only through capitalising on the expertise of various specialists, can the society make progression stably and rapidly. What is more important is that career achievements bring about job satisfaction, thereby leading to higher motivation and further contribution.

It is, however, not necessarily easy for government to completely financially support tertiary education as taxpayers may expect other ways where their money being used. For instance, many believe that health care and other infrastructure programs should be enhanced instead of education. A sense of happiness and higher quality of life could be achieved through fortifying those services and amenities. Despite of many benefits brought from other sectors where government apply tax revenue in, I would argue that free education should be prioritised due to its long-term positive effects, as education is the foundation of a nation. However, high school performance and financial strength of the government should be considered for the fairness and feasibility of this course of action.

To conclude, a well-developed education system normally positively correlates with the wealth of a nation as it opens up avenues for future opportunities in each sector. Free university education therefore needs to be applied to each person, thus generating intellectual societies to deal with the perspective future.
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
Whether or not should government support free access of university education to everyone is a heat-debated topic

Whether the government should provide free tertiary education (or not) has become a heat-debated topic.

student marks

students' marks

Free access to university education allows people to acquire better knowledge and skills, which can act as a precursor to career success and valuable contribution to the society.

In my opinion, not only "free" education can help students to attain valuable knowledge but also higher education in general does. In fact, I think free university will guarantee the opportunity to attend university for more students, especially those having financial problems.
Due to the rapid pace of development of technology and economy, receiving tertiary education in universities has become a tendency these days.

Well, I think it is not the development of technology or economy, but the increased competition that has got most of the people to follow a tertiary education.

Whether or not should government support free access ofto university education tofor everyone is a heat-debatedheavily debated topic.

While I tend to advocate free university education, some other factors like student marks and economic strength, I believe, should be taken into consideration whilst implementing this act.

... this is not a good thesis statement. Express your view in a clear simple sentence.
OP clairpure 2 / 3  
Can you please make an example of how to write this thesis in this case? cheers
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Due to the rapid pace of development of technology and economy

I have seen this phrase from different corners of the world. It is too common for words. You'd better rework it.

many benefits brought from other sectors where government apply tax revenue in

many benefits brought from other sectors in which government apply for/ increase in tax revenue

Only through capitalising on the expertise of various specialists, can the society make progression stably and rapidly

Incomplete sentence. Perhaps, coping with subject-verb agreements.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'heat-debated topic'; Everyone has the right to get university education?