Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

"Help for Depressed Teenagers" - summarization of my article

cherry_09 3 / 6  
can you guys check my article if i have a grammar mistakes or suggestion of how can i improve my article. thanks for helping.

"Help for Depressed Teenagers"
by Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen
Published on Aug. 19, 2009

What does "Depression" mean? How does depression affect our health? Depression is a condition of mental disturbance. It also called a "common cold" of mental health because it can affect millions of people including North Americans. In fact, it may also affect our thinking and behavior such as loss of concentration or interest, lack of self confidence, fatigue, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, and forgetfulness. In addition, depression is a major risk factor for suicide. And people who are mostly involved with this illness are teenagers and adolescents.

Most teenagers and adolescents "don't always realize that depression can often be easily treated and effectively treated." But, many of them are afraid to talk about their feelings to their parents because some of them think that parents won't understand, or will become anxious or angry. For example, I experienced being depressed all the time and I don't know what to do. I didn't tell my parents about my problems because I don't want them to worry about me, and I'm afraid to share it.

In many cases, some of them tend to commit suicide, or being addicted to drugs because of being helplessness and worthlessness. I already tend to commit suicidal before, but suicidal is not a great idea to escape for my problems in life. But for some people who are having difficulties in life sees that suicidal are the only escape for their pain.

Dealing with depression is really hard to solve if you will not asks for a help. Most people who are depressed always chose to keep their problems because they don't want their family to worry about them. We know that sometimes "parents aren't the best to go to" people when they are depressed. Guidance counselors, peer mentors, teachers, spiritual leaders and coaches might help the teenagers and adolescents to states their problems. But, sometimes parents must be involved with this serious illness in order to support their children to fight against their feelings of depression.

Being depressed is a part of everyday's life. Keeping your emotions is not a good way for every one of us. No matter how hard the situation, illnesses like depression can always be treated.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Help for Depressed Teenagers" - summarization of my article