ESSAY HELP FOR ENGLISH 101 - a curiosity project for every week

AL95 1 / -  
Hi,
i'm a third year student in science taking english 101 for the first time in the university and i believe my english essay writing skills are poor and so is the vocabulary. The last time i took english was in class 10 as an O level student and later focused on sciences and maths in A levels, and did the same in 1st year at the university.

in my english 101 class the professor has assigned us a curiosity project for every week and the rules are as follows -
Here's how you get started in week one:
-Think about what you already know or think you know about your topic
-Think about what you don't know about your topic and questions you are interested in exploring
-Write about both in detail using a word processing program
-No page or word limits
-Write until you've said everything you have to say
bonboncase 20 / 45 15  
Hi Ali
Please specify your question instead of posting a essay topic here.
Obviously, this is an open topic essay and you can just pick something you are familiar with to begin writing. For example, your family story, your favorite place or food, your hometown and so on. Write a draft to express your ideas first instead of worrying about your English level.

Good luck.
Dousiyu 2 / 3  
Hi. I agree with @bonboncase. I am not a good writer too. But I practice a lot for my TOEFL exam
your essay has some requirements as follows
-No page or word limits
These are what you should do. You can just pick a topic can write down everything. You can cut down the parts you don't like later. That's what I do to train myself.

Best wishes
Ali, the assignment is simply asking you for two things;

- write something that you know you want to write about ( e.g. fashion, arts and craft, language, culture,..etc.)
- write as long as you have said enough and you convinced yourself that you have written all there is that you want to write

That's it, this is just what the prompt wants you to do, think of a topic close to your heart, something that you think you can write about all your time.

In doing so, make sure that the guidelines of the English language are met and you can have some of the guidelines to follow through;

- what is the topic all about
- what can this topic relate to you as a person
- how will this article affect the general public
- gather the facts and figures
- let your readers know that spending time reading your essay is worth their while
- make sure that you are objective
- cite examples, this normally helps to elaborate the subject at hand

Close the topic with your personal view of the matter.

I wish to see your essay here on EF so we can help you further.

Home / Writing Feedback / ESSAY HELP FOR ENGLISH 101 - a curiosity project for every week