Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Is the help from government necessary ?

biran 3 / 4  
It is true that people can solve most of their problems by themselves or with the help from their families, however, that does not mean that people can solve all kinds of problems easily and effectively. So I do think that the help from government is always necessary and important for us.

First and foremost, we must admit that there are some serious problems that cannot be solved just by individual. Only government can handle those kinds of issues, so the help from it is quiet necessary. For example, when a country is struck by a natural disaster such as the earthquake, only government can put the whole country back on its feet. The government can gather as many medical workers and aid workers as possible at once and send them to tend the survivors of the disaster. However, depending on our own strength, none of us could do this. Another example is that when facing pandemic virus such as the H1N1 flu, individuals are vulnerable if government takes nothing to prevent the epidemic situation.

Second, sometimes we need government to protect our legitimate rights. For instance, last year, my cousin was kidnapped on her way home. My uncle called the police as soon as he received the blackmail phone call. And the policemen immediately began their investigations, and finally rescue my cousin successfully without paying the kidnapper a cent. If my uncle had not got the help from government, he would have been intimidated into paying the ransom by the kidnapper's. When people are dealing with complicated dangerous problems, the help from government can not only prevent them from getting hurt from others, but also ensure social fairness and justice.

In addition, the help from government can relieve the burden of people and their families. Take the medical insurance policy as an example. Government sources account for part of the total national health care expenditures. And my neighbor is a beneficiary of the medical insurance. Last year, he had a car accident and had to have several surgeries to recover. The expensive operation might have almost used up all of his money. However, because of the medical insurance policy, most of his operation fee was paid by the government. That is to say that he only needed to afford a small part of the all expenditure. There is no doubt that with the help of government, people can solve the same problems more easily

Undoubtedly the help from government is often necessary. However, it doesn't mean that people could be totally dependent on government on everything. People should try to solve those minor daily or family cases by themselves or with the help from their families and seek help from the government to deal with complicated problems.

To sum up, people cannot solve all kinds of problems by themselves or with the help from their families, so the government's help is necessary. Government can not only solve those serious problems on a nationwide scale, but also protect our legitimate rights and relieve our burden

Home / Writing Feedback / Is the help from government necessary ?