Essay For Toefl: With the help of technology student can learn more information

jon_snow 8 / 28 5  
Question: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Answer:

Nowadays, technology is an important part of our life. We cannot even think a single day without technology. However, some people believe that technology helps students to learn more information in a short time and other think the opposite. In my view, technology makes it possible to learn about different things and get more information quicker than ever for two reasons.

The main reason is that, technology has made it easy to learn different things. Nowadays, information is very handy to everyone than it was 50 years earlier. With the help of internet, we can learn about anything through few mouse clicks of our computer. For example, last month I have learned 'Java', a well-known programming language, through Youtube videos. When I thought myself how to program in java, I took help of Google. I searched 'learn java' in Google search box and it gave me lot of options where I can learn it. I browsed some websites and learned Youtube is the best source to learn Java quickly. I searched again in Google to find Youtube links and it gave me the exact link of learning java from Youtube. On Youtube, I found a huge number of tutorials and those tutorials were made by a person name Bukey. In the first tutorial, he taught how to install the require software and some basic thing about java. As the tutorial processed I gradually learned how to program in java. As you can see, without the help of advance technology my java learning could never been as easy.

Another reason is that, technology has made learning almost free of cost. As science and technology advances, we are getting more and more advance devices and features. Now, almost all information is open to access for everyone and it is free; you just need to pay for your internet connection but not for the information. For instance, last week I had an appointment with my boss outside of my city. As I did not go there ever in my life, i had no clue about the place except the address that my boss gave to me. Therefore, I took help of Google Map, an application made by Google. I put the address that my boss gave me in Google Map and bingo. I found the exact direction from my home to that particular place. This whole process took at best 5 seconds and most important thing to mention here, it was free of cost. If I did not have that technology, i had to face more problems and there was a possibility that I had to miss that appointment. This experience taught me that, technology helps us to get information more easily and quickly.

In sum, though many people will disagree with the idea that technology helps us to learn more and more, however, I believe technology has made a big difference in learning. This is not only because technology has made it easy to access information; it also makes the information free of cost. Everyone should learn how to use technology if he/she wants to learn different things more quickly and easily.
Well, it seems you have very good writing skills. However, I wonder whether you were able to handle this essay within the time that is allocated for this task. Your body paras seem to be quite lengthy. Did you manage time? If so, no worries :D

Overall, you've done a great job and I wish you good luck with TOEFL :)
However, some people believe that technology helps students to learn more information in a short time and other think the opposite .

.... well, as per your prompt the other side of the argument is not expressed. So do not inclue that !

Your body paras look pretty big. Have you been able to manage this essay within 20-30 mins?
If not, do not elaborate too much on your examples. Time management is also equally important for this exam :)
OP jon_snow 8 / 28 5  
First of all thank you for your quick and informative reply. I honestly never thought I will get response this quickly. :)

well, I did not use timer when I wrote this essay. however, I strongly believe it took more than 30 minutes. I guess, it took 35-45 minutes to write the draft and another 5-10 minutes for revision and editing purpose. So, as you said, time management is the main barrier for me right now and I am working on it. Nevertheless, I read my essay again and found that some sentences are not that important here. For example, from 1st body paragraph

With the help of internet, we can learn about anything through few mouse clicks of our computer.

;

I searched again in Google to find Youtube links and it gave me the exact link of learning java from Youtube.

and from 2nd body para

As science and technology advances, we are getting more and more advance devices and features.

are not that much important. If I delete those i think it will not hurt my essay. However, my strategy is, write perfectly what I think while I am writing. And after writing generally I make require modifications. I believe most of us write and modify in this fashion. But for toefl, I think I have to change my strategy otherwise time management will remain just a dream. :(

By the way, my exam is next month and I have plan to write one essay everyday. So I hope I can reduce time gradually. Moreover, I also hope that you guys will check my writing, at the same time help me to identify my mistakes so that I can improve further.

Thanks once again to both of you.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay For Toefl: With the help of technology student can learn more information