Writing: The high sales of popular consumer goods/ advertising as extremely powerful tool

Linh Hoang 5 / 12 2  
The high sales of popular consumer goods reflect power of advertising and not the real needs of society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The significant development in technology lead to the booming on advertising all over the world. We cannot deny that advertising has strong effect on the taste of consumers. However, people now are really alert, they usually make a careful choice and spend money on what is nescessary.

In my oppinion, because of the competion, advertising become an essential thing for all companies. By making an unique advertising, we can attract consumers, and then our products will be welcome quicker and easier. Sometime, the product might be not good at all, but companies still gain huge profit from this product as good marketing strategy. People can consume immediately for something that is not really requisite. We can see clearly that, nowaday, from tv to radio, everything needs advertise. It í becoming prior choice when we want launch a new good.

Advertising is extremely powerful, but it never control all about customers. What they want? what they need? It is definitely depend on their decision. People always know exactly which things they should spend on. In addition, althought advertising brings more information about goods, recent ones maybe exaggerate the truth about function and quality. Thus, consumers' belief is going down and attracting them at the first sight become a trouble. Moreover, people experienced some crisises and they are economizing more and more. They would not purchase products, if it did not essential for them and appropriate for their budget.

Overall, advertising has been significant benefits and it helps booting purchasing on products. However, it not is everything, people has personal oppinion in which whether they buy or not.
sandipsinh 37 / 90 3  
The significant development in technology lead to the booming on advertising all over the world. We cannot deny that advertising has strong effect on the taste of consumers. However, people now are really alert, they usually make a careful choice and spend money on what is necessary.

Your intro is not so eye catching and well structured. I have tried making an introduction, go through it in case it feet your essay.

Even i am having problem in making potential introduction ...tried writing essay in 20 mins may be then your mind will work faster to seek proper content for intro. Tried reading essay of same topic written well by somebody, it will help you over- all.

Advertisement is used widely globally for promoting all class of goods. And technology has significantly impacted advertisement industry in designing adds more attractive. Besides this, consumer goods are designed to lure public and making profit rather than satisfying their needs.However, people are well acknowledged today about this trap therefore invest their money wisely to meet their needs.

.
We cannot deny that advertising has strong effect on the taste of consumers.

Actually, your prompt is focused not on the taste of consumers, but on their buying decisions. Do not deviate from the original idea of the prompt.

Well, you are supposed to give reasons to justify your position on the argument. I do not find a reason directed at that in this body para :( You hold the opinion that advertising doesn't have a strong effect on people's buying choices because people today make careful choices. So, tell the reader why you think that people do not carried away by ads.
OP Linh Hoang 5 / 12 2  
I have some confuse in "prompt"? So, what's exactly it mean? plz, give me some simple explaination. Thank you.
One more thing, i'm trying to write academically, to practice for Ielts test. Hope that you can help me to improve it.

Let's have a look;

It means that advertising tempt people to buy stuff that they do not really need. For example, you have a very good car which is in very good condition and you are happy with it. However, the advertisements may tempt you to go for a newer car although you do not have a real requirement for that . That is what your prompt means :)
OP Linh Hoang 5 / 12 2  
I understanding the meaning of this question and your example as well but you can give me an example about showing a prompt in this topic? :p
ammus1 10 / 29  
Ammus1
Please pay attention to the spellings such as opinion, , competition and although .

I don't understand what your question is.... what do you mean by "showing a prompt in this topic? " ... that's not clear to me :(

What both dumi and I tried to convince you was that your prompt deviates slightly from the way you have introduced your topic. You talk about consumer preferences (I guess that is what you mean by "the tastes of consumers", but not their buying decisions which is what your prompt means.
OP Linh Hoang 5 / 12 2  
I mean can you rewrite my introduction with suitable way?
In my intro, i mean that ads is powerful because it affect taste of customer but not wholy affect. Customer buy product base on something else.
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
This is it:

However, people now are really alert, they usually make a careful choice and spend money on what is nescessary.

It is better if you write a sentence about your own opinion in the introduction.

competion

competition

we can attract consumers

"We" should be replaced by "Companies"

oppinion

There is just one "p" -> opinion
Your two body paragraphs do not clarify the power of advertising or why advertising does not reflect real demands. In each body, you should state the reason first, then give explanations and examples to support it.
OP Linh Hoang 5 / 12 2  
i put sentence " ads... what extent do you agree or disagree" on subject name but i dont know why it is changed like what you saw. Plz, check for me why all of my topics are changed. i dont know why? when i post my essay, it's already topic as i worte but after that it is changed like one sentence in my essay. It is reason why you said about prompt and i dont know what it is. We are misunderstanding each other. I think i put topic already, but what you see is not this topic at all :(

Sure, will do :) Please also mention that (IELTS) in your title itself so that it helps others to provide you with more task related feedbacks :)

prompt means my opinion or what? can you give me an example? i want to make it clear T.T

As Misterwandering has mentioned, the prompt = topic :D
This is the overall essay structure I repeatedly suggests to those who prepare for IELTS and TOEFL.
neyeuboy 1 / 2  
In my oppinion,

I think u shouldn't put this kind of sentence .in an IELTS essay. The judgements would like to see the general ideas not personal writing like TOEFL. Thus, you can get better marks. You can change this to : " Generally " , " As a matter of fact " ..

everything needs advertise.

You mean " everything needs advertisements " or " everything need to be advertised " ??
emma13 2 / 3  
The significant development in technology leads to the booming on advertisements all over the world. We cannot deny that advertisements has the strong effect on the taste of consumers. However, people now are more observant, so they usually make a careful choice and only spend money on goods which are necessary.

Try to be more careful with you word choice :-)
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
A writer needs to keep in mind that the intro is often what a reader remembers best. Your intro should be the best part of your essay. It is always better to state your own opinion in the introduction itself with a statement expressing your opinion very clearly. That helps you take the reader in your desired direction.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing: The high sales of popular consumer goods/ advertising as extremely powerful tool